Portrait to Landscape - how long to redraw?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
About how long does it take your X to go from Portrait mode to Landscape mode and redraw the entire screen? It has taken my X as much as 10-15 seconds to redraw everything to Landscape mode - which is sort of annoying.

I'm currently using Launcher Pro Plus (paid) and Beautiful Widgets. I've read there's a memory issue with BW and LP together and I'm wondering if the pause I'm getting when swapping from Portrait to Landscape is because of that.

http://www.launcherpro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2392

So I wondered what sort of delay anyone else is getting when making the swap - please post what - if any - home replacement you're using and if you're using BW or maybe Weather & Toggle or not.

Thanks.

Last edited:

froyoYum

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Almost instantly for me, theres a little bit of lag; not too bad though. I am running Launcher Plus (free) and Fancy Widget.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm just running stock. Are you talking about the home screen or when in an app like the browser?

For me, if I'm browsing a site or say the gallery, the orientation change is very near instant.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm just running stock. Are you talking about the home screen or when in an app like the browser?

For me, if I'm browsing a site or say the gallery, the orientation change is very near instant.
I mean homescreen. Mine's almost instant when in the browser as well.

kroman1107

May 15, 2010
Visit site
It wont i just tried im running blur and bw. Never noticed that till i read this post. Why wont it transition to landscape?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Stock moto homescreen isn't meant to go landscape and as far as I can tell only does so in the car dock (no experience with desktop dock, confirmation?).

In apps, my stock X switches almost instantaneously.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
It does with the desktop dock. I am running stock moto as well, but when I use LauncherPro I just disabled the landscape to keep it as much stock as possible.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
but when I use LauncherPro I just disabled the landscape to keep it as much stock as possible
See! I learned something new. I'm disabling mine now as the delay when swapping to landscape while on a homescreen was making me INSANE. I didn't realize the stock X didn't rotate - although I suppose I could have just picked up my wife's X to verify. :eek:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance