Touchdown and Phone contacts problem on Droid X

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
So I received my complimentary key for Touchdown from Motorola and started using Touchdown. I removed my Exchange account from the built in mail program that came with the Droid X and configured it under Touchdown. Next I copied all my synced contacts from Touchdown to my phone so that they matched and also checked off the option to keep them in sync.

Here's the weird part: If I go into Contacts under Touchdown, they are all there. If I go into Contacts that is built into the Droid X, they are all there. If I go into the Phone application to make a call then select the Contacts tab, it comes back with 0 contacts and then the phone app closes and brings me to the main page. All of my recent calls have all the names of people in my contacts but for some reason, only the contacts portion of the phone does not see any of them? I've already tried a phone reboot and a battery pull and nothing has worked.

EDIT: One more thing to add to this is that when I do click on the Contacts tab in the phone app and it brings me to my home screen, I lose all network connectivity for a brief moment and then it returns.

Last edited:

tpierce67

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Try this...... open Touchdown and go to contacts. Then press the menu button and select copy contacts to phone.

Then go back to advanced options and scroll down until you see Update Contact Changes to Phone. That should fix you up.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Try this...... open Touchdown and go to contacts. Then press the menu button and select copy contacts to phone.

Then go back to advanced options and scroll down until you see Update Contact Changes to Phone. That should fix you up.

i tried that about 3 times....

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, the only solution I found was to add my exchange account back into the native Moto settings and that fixed the problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc