e-mail distribution lists?

adeelmd

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
How do I e-mail to a distribution list that is already set up on microsoft exchange? Whenever I e-mail to the list, ie "Groupa", it automatically attaches an "@domain.com" to the list name and then says it is not deliverable. On my computer I just type "groupa" and the e-mails get sent to the apropriate people. Is there a special syntax I need to use, or a way to tell the phone NOT add an "@domain.com" and maybe that will work?

If not, is there a way I can set up a group list on my phone that I can e-mail to? Like type "Group A" in the from field and it automatically goes to a preselected group of people? (I have to e-mail a group of 15 people on a semi-daily basis) Thanks.

Otherwise, exchange is working perfectly syncing contacts, calendars, etc. It's more of a question of if this can be done or not.

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what is up with your exchange groups not working but you can definitely set up groups on the phone.
Go to contacts and hit the menu button. Choose "display groups" option. Then create new group. You can give it a name and add contacts and you are good to go.

adeelmd

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't know whether or not the exchange group is working, because I am not sure of the syntax to use. For example, My exchange list is named "Administrators" and contains 20 e-mail addresses. In internet explorer, I just type "administrators" in the to field and exchange automatically knows to go to the distribution list. When I type "administrators" in the droid x, it automatically adds Administrators"@domain.com" to the e-mail, and I can't get it to send the e-mail directly to exchange as "administrators".

What syntax would you use to send a group e-mail out?

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't know whether or not the exchange group is working, because I am not sure of the syntax to use. For example, My exchange list is named "Administrators" and contains 20 e-mail addresses. In internet explorer, I just type "administrators" in the to field and exchange automatically knows to go to the distribution list. When I type "administrators" in the droid x, it automatically adds Administrators"@domain.com" to the e-mail, and I can't get it to send the e-mail directly to exchange as "administrators".

What syntax would you use to send a group e-mail out?

Let me play around with it tomorrow and I'll let you know.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried adding the group to your outlook contacts? I have never had success using the exchange server groups from my phone unless I add them to my contact list in Outlook first.

kboutelle

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing this as well. Distribution groups added to personal contacts do not sync/display on our S4's (Adroid 4.3).

I have tested this on my Note II with Cyanogenmod 10.2 (Android 4.3.1) and it is the same thing.

It looks like it is a limitation of either Activesync or the Android contacts app but at this point that's just a guess on my part.

FYI we are on Exchange 2010.