Droid X video to PS3

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know how you get the PS3 to support (play) the video files from the phone? I got my Dx connected to the PS3 fairly easily and transferred some photos and videos to it but it will not play the video files.

fecurtis

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
You have to convert the video to a format that it can play. There's free software for PCs and Macs that'll do it but you'll have to install it on your PC, convert it, then put it back on your phone.

Sucks I know, but for watching movies and shows that you've downloaded onto your computer and transferred to your X, it works beautifully.

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah that's what I was afraid was the only option, was just hoping there was a way to just send them over the home network. I've been real pleased with all the formats the PS3 will play up to this point. Anyone know the process Sony uses for supporting new formats etc?

racinwarrior

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
why dont you guys use DLNA? connect the x and the PS3 to the same network and access videos, pics, songs through DLNA.

My computer, TV, PS3 and X all support DLNA I can store my movies on the computer and play them on any device in my house. awesome right?

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante