70% to 15% in two hours

IkariWarrior

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, have been having some serious issues today.
First the Google Navigation was timing out mid drive, screen going black and losing it's place on the map. I hard rebooted and it seemed to fix it. Then the afternoon the phone was charged to 70% when I left work around 2:30, by 5:30 the phone beeps on the counter and I look and its at 15%. It's hot to the touch, but I haven't been using anything. No GPS, no streaming, the screen has been off the whole time.
I tried using OSMonitor but nothing shows up as running. The phone has been generally laggy (I'm using the newest LauncherPro) needing several reboots this week and the only thing I've installed in the last few days is Opera Mini.
This phone was a replacement from BB for my Incredible, so I don't want it to be a defective phone. Any ideas what it could be?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
By Google Nav timing out you mean it was working fine then the screen just stopped updating and you had to force close it? Cuz that happened to me twice.

The rest of the stuff I have to say, no sorry nothing like that happened to me.

I really don't see how the battery could drop from 70% to 15% in 2 hours without something going. Maybe in a dead zone and the gps-cpu sleep bug happened? Supposedly if you use the GPS then exit the app, it still updates the GPS constantly. That could be it?

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Then the afternoon the phone was charged to 70% when I left work around 2:30, by 5:30 the phone beeps on the counter and I look and its at 15%. It's hot to the touch...

This is definitely a sign that you were in a dead zone and your DX was spending a lot of effort trying to get a signal. When searching for signal the DX can get VERY hot.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
lol wow this happened to me today. My phone was at about 90% and went to 30% in like 3 hours. It was the weirdest thing cause i had my phone in my pocket the whole time and used it maybe for like 10 minutes in that period where the battery went down to 30%. I thought i was going crazy and maybe didnt charge my phone or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool