Droid X or Droid 2?

scorch968

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
There are so many ways of comparing the two phone. It comes down to a few factors for me.

-As far as the OS, The Droid 2 comes with Froyo but the Droid X will have it soon enough. The launchers are mostly identical.

-Screen Size. I've held both phones and like screen size of the Droid X over the Droid 2. After using 4.3 inches for a few weeks, the 3.7 onscreen keyboard feels cramped.

-Keyboard. The Droid 2 has a improved keyboard. The keys are raised a bit more this go round. The physical keyboard also makes the cramped onscreen keyboard point a wash. With the Droid X however, you have plenty of space for that onscreen keyboard.

-Form Factor: The Droid X feel slimmer even though the camera hump makes it almost as thick as the Droid 2 at one end. Still I prefer the Droid X in the hand, but I have big hands.

Battery: Now I haven't used the Droid 2 to measure the differences in battery life. I know with the Droid X, I usually get 1.5 Days with medium use. I also want to mention that the Droid X seems suitable for a battery upgrade because of the camera hump. The usual manufacturers will be kicking them out soon I'm sure.

I don't really see myself using the HDMI or the DLNA too much. The 8MP camera is nice and takes great pictures in my opinion.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
essentially it will boil down to screen size and physical keyboard.

personally, i never used the hard keyboard on my droid, so the x is perfect for me.

i am jealous of 2.2 though, i want my froyo!! :)

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the above. Mostly screen and keyboard ... but I totally agree that after using the 4.3 in .. the 3.7 feels really cramped. However, if you have not used the 4.3 then this should not matter.

I admit that I miss a physical keyboard. I would really like to have a 4.3in with a slide keyboard.

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a Droid 2...which I've called Best Buy and requested a Droid X hopefully before my 30 day grace period is up. They agreed to make an exception in the event my wait goes PAST 30 days (I REALLY hope not). This is my first Android handset, coming from years of being a Blackberry user. I have to say I'm really digging this experience. The things I can do with this OS just completely blows my mind.

My only complaint with the D2 is the keyboard. I have played with an original Droid, and even though the keyboard on the D2 has been improved, I personally still find it rather uncomfortable to use. The keys still feel rather flat to me. The on-screen keyboard seems cramped as everyone suggests. I haven't been able to play with a DX because I can't find one...but I feel that one is going to be a whole different experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000