Case or no case?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Cases really make this phone bulky. However I've already found numerous scratches and dents in the case that has I not been using a case would have made their way onto the phone itself. I also took my screen protector off because at least with the verizon one it made the screen look really bad. I guess that part is up to you. I would say get an invisible shields if you positively do not want any scratches. I got a scratch within one week ofd taking number off :( keep in mind, I baby my phone and don't work right now so it hasn't exactly ben exposed to the elements...

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Naked FTW!!! I love how sleek this phone is and i dont want to add bulk to it. Not even a screen protector after seeing all those gorilla glass torture tests.

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Case! Use a case! I use the Amzer TPU silicone one and it barely adds anything to it. If you care about your device, I am sure you'd protect it. But really, you should go to the VZ store or Best Buy and try on the cases there and see how you really feel about having one for the X.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
i dropped my phone down a flight of hardwood stairs a few days ago and i think it was saved because i had a silicone case on it. i always get a good resale on my phones because i keep them in cases.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking at the Verizon black silicone case. Is anyone using that? I see it covers the bottom buttons. Do you find that an improvement or an annoyance?

sweetsmuckers

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking at the Verizon black silicone case. Is anyone using that? I see it covers the bottom buttons. Do you find that an improvement or an annoyance?

I do see that as an improvement BUT it attracts lint like crazy! The high gloss silicone one is nice although does not cover the hard buttons...but it is easy to get in and out of a pocket and gives it a nice grip, IMO. But what would be best for you is just go to the VZ store and try it and see how it feels on your hand. They also have at the VZ store the body glove one and the leather kickstand ones so give em all a try! :D

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have the slider case from vzw .I brought it with my gift coupon they sent from shipping delays on the Incredible so it just cost me 8 dollars in cash.I liked the one with the kickstand , just wish it had a clip on it to. They are light weight slim cases but better then nothing. Since the DX is big anyway I might get a heavy duty case for it at a later date when I see one I like :)

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Cases really make this phone bulky. However I've already found numerous scratches and dents in the case that has I not been using a case would have made their way onto the phone itself. I also took my screen protector off because at least with the verizon one it made the screen look really bad. I guess that part is up to you. I would say get an invisible shields if you positively do not want any scratches. I got a scratch within one week ofd taking number off :( keep in mind, I baby my phone and don't work right now so it hasn't exactly ben exposed to the elements...

No case here either...although I am still rocking the vzw screen protector, but I know what you mean about it not looking great. The best thing about it is that it doesn't show any fingerprints. What's the fingerprint situation like without the screen protector?

ipsadixit

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I got a TPU case for $3 on ebay. I just feel better having something to protect it from bumps and scratches. I will get a higher quality case when something better comes on the market.

STZombie

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a RocketFish Soft Touch case..yeah it was 25 bucks, but it hugs the form of the phone and doesn't detract from appearance. Works pretty well for me...check it out at Best Buy

alphanu22

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
i was rockin the DX no Case untill the cull ZAGG Case came in. 2 weeks later went to VZW and picked up the http://store.androidcentral.com/verizon-skin-case/4A54A7315.htm . I took off all the ZAGG except the screen and loving the case. its very smooth not sticky at all case-

2.jpg

friguy3#AC

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Naked...butt naked. Is the cover really gonna protect it if I drop it? No (maybe the really hard robo solid cases), not those little thin rubber cases. And If I drop it and it nicks it, it gives it character. I have tried the screen protectors and nothing feels as slick and smooth as a nice clean piece of glass.

I never understood having a phone and a year later when you are getting a new phone, the old one has no scratches and is perfect, after you take off the cover of course. Soooo...now you have a phone you arent using anymore that has no scratches, whats the point of that?

But do what you feel comfortable with, if youre nervous, get one...otherwise...its great being free!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm