Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Case or no case?

My X is coming in tomorrow and I can't wait!!! Should I buy a case for it or go with no case?

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

I roll naked. No case, no screen protector. Okay .. I have a slick droid decal on the back.

Cases really make this phone bulky. However I've already found numerous scratches and dents in the case that has I not been using a case would have made their way onto the phone itself. I also took my screen protector off because at least with the verizon one it made the screen look really bad. I guess that part is up to you. I would say get an invisible shields if you positively do not want any scratches. I got a scratch within one week ofd taking number off keep in mind, I baby my phone and don't work right now so it hasn't exactly ben exposed to the elements...
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

Naked FTW!!! I love how sleek this phone is and i dont want to add bulk to it. Not even a screen protector after seeing all those gorilla glass torture tests.

Case! Use a case! I use the Amzer TPU silicone one and it barely adds anything to it. If you care about your device, I am sure you'd protect it. But really, you should go to the VZ store or Best Buy and try on the cases there and see how you really feel about having one for the X.
    Storm 1 --> EnV2 -->Curve 8330-->Tour-->Storm2 --> FINALLY, a DROID X!

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

Default Re: Case or no case?

i dropped my phone down a flight of hardwood stairs a few days ago and i think it was saved because i had a silicone case on it. i always get a good resale on my phones because i keep them in cases.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I'm looking at the Verizon black silicone case. Is anyone using that? I see it covers the bottom buttons. Do you find that an improvement or an annoyance?

Quote Originally Posted by iJason View Post
    I'm looking at the Verizon black silicone case. Is anyone using that? I see it covers the bottom buttons. Do you find that an improvement or an annoyance?
    I do see that as an improvement BUT it attracts lint like crazy! The high gloss silicone one is nice although does not cover the hard buttons...but it is easy to get in and out of a pocket and gives it a nice grip, IMO. But what would be best for you is just go to the VZ store and try it and see how it feels on your hand. They also have at the VZ store the body glove one and the leather kickstand ones so give em all a try!
    Storm 1 --> EnV2 -->Curve 8330-->Tour-->Storm2 --> FINALLY, a DROID X!

Global Posts
    6,657 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Yeah I have the slider case from vzw .I brought it with my gift coupon they sent from shipping delays on the Incredible so it just cost me 8 dollars in cash.I liked the one with the kickstand , just wish it had a clip on it to. They are light weight slim cases but better then nothing. Since the DX is big anyway I might get a heavy duty case for it at a later date when I see one I like

Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post
    Cases really make this phone bulky. However I've already found numerous scratches and dents in the case that has I not been using a case would have made their way onto the phone itself. I also took my screen protector off because at least with the verizon one it made the screen look really bad. I guess that part is up to you. I would say get an invisible shields if you positively do not want any scratches. I got a scratch within one week ofd taking number off keep in mind, I baby my phone and don't work right now so it hasn't exactly ben exposed to the elements...
    No case here either...although I am still rocking the vzw screen protector, but I know what you mean about it not looking great. The best thing about it is that it doesn't show any fingerprints. What's the fingerprint situation like without the screen protector?

No case here. But I did cover my baby with an invisibleshield from Zagg. Awesome product that I highly recommend.

Global Posts
    6,657 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Yeah I got Zagg on mine, right now too.

Quote Originally Posted by azqretin View Post
    I roll naked. No case, no screen protector. Okay .. I have a slick droid decal on the back.
    You're a brave man. I just have a silicon cover that protects the buttons along with the phone.

I prefer my phones to be bare ;-)

I got a TPU case for $3 on ebay. I just feel better having something to protect it from bumps and scratches. I will get a higher quality case when something better comes on the market.

I have a RocketFish Soft Touch case..yeah it was 25 bucks, but it hugs the form of the phone and doesn't detract from appearance. Works pretty well for me...check it out at Best Buy

i was rockin the DX no Case untill the cull ZAGG Case came in. 2 weeks later went to VZW and picked up the http://store.androidcentral.com/veri.../4A54A7315.htm . I took off all the ZAGG except the screen and loving the case. its very smooth not sticky at all case-

Does this thing fit in any of the docks (home, car)?

ROM
    Rascream + Trinity kernel

You definitely want to use a case and I recommend using Seidio. That's what I use with a Zagg screen protector.
    Last edited by SuperChargedJ; 08-20-2010 at 08:32 PM.

Naked...**** naked. Is the cover really gonna protect it if I drop it? No (maybe the really hard robo solid cases), not those little thin rubber cases. And If I drop it and it nicks it, it gives it character. I have tried the screen protectors and nothing feels as slick and smooth as a nice clean piece of glass.

I never understood having a phone and a year later when you are getting a new phone, the old one has no scratches and is perfect, after you take off the cover of course. Soooo...now you have a phone you arent using anymore that has no scratches, whats the point of that?

But do what you feel comfortable with, if youre nervous, get one...otherwise...its great being free!

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I use a case at work only,no screen protector. I use the Verizon case and Holster combo.

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

I cant be trusted without a case. Im worried b/c i got the DX a few days ago and havent found a case yet. I ordered from because I got one from him for my storm2 and I loved it. Hope it gets here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post
    Naked...**** naked. Is the cover really gonna protect it if I drop it? No (maybe the really hard robo solid cases), not those little thin rubber cases. And If I drop it and it nicks it, it gives it character. I have tried the screen protectors and nothing feels as slick and smooth as a nice clean piece of glass.

I never understood having a phone and a year later when you are getting a new phone, the old one has no scratches and is perfect, after you take off the cover of course. Soooo...now you have a phone you arent using anymore that has no scratches, whats the point of that?

But do what you feel comfortable with, if youre nervous, get one...otherwise...its great being free!
    The point is you will get double resale value for a brand new looking phone than for one that is all beat up.

I bought the "soft plastic" or rubber plastic" whatever it's called $3 case from ebay and it is PERFECT. Fits like a $30 case and it has already saved my phone a couple times.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Default Re: Case or no case?

Case. I got the silicon vz wrap, and it protects it very well, a month and no scratches. And I work a manual labor job, plus I'm clumsy, so it's kind of a must. That wrap/skin/case actually kind of feels good, and hardly adds any bulk. It does take a second to get used to not seeing the backlit keys at the bottom.
    I go naked at home, because I do love the hand feel of the x.
    Now, here's something kinda crazy and ocd that I do: I position a folded up lint free cleaning cloth over the camera lens UNDERNEATH THE SILICON CASE so it holds it in place and covers the camera. I do this at work only. I murder plastic lens covers like that and it would already have a dozen scratches on it if I didn't do it. Plus I have a cleaning cloth handy if my screen gets mucked up. If I need to take a pic, I just peel it all back and hold it back to do it, then peel it all back on.
    I use a skinomi screen protector, too.
    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by friguy3 View Post

I think people want them perfect so that you can sell it on ebay later. I never knew this till someone told me, but people do buy used phones. I for example, just ordered an X. I have an att blackberry bold 9700. A friend told me to put it on ebay. I have been looking, and they are going for over 200 bucks every day. Not unlocked, not new. It's crazy. I guess people really don't like those 2 year contracts.

It seems everyone has those silacone soft cases. I don't like those cause they stick to your pocket. Any suggestions that don't stick?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast