1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Liberty GB v0.6

Default Droid X freezing on boot

My Droid X has now decided to freeze at the redeye portion of the boot screen, after freezing up completely, forcing me to do a battery pull. Another battery pull puts me in the same position. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicRefugee View Post
    My Droid X has now decided to freeze at the redeye portion of the boot screen, after freezing up completely, forcing me to do a battery pull. Another battery pull puts me in the same position. Suggestions?
    From everything I have heard it seems to happen most after doing an update to face book or allowing face book to populated your contact list. Most people who have got to that screen and "locked up" have found that if you wait about 30 minutes to and hour it usually comes out of it. Might take longer if its a contact issue and you have lots of FB contacts.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Liberty GB v0.6

Quote Originally Posted by Topweasel View Post
    From everything I have heard it seems to happen most after doing an update to face book or allowing face book to populated your contact list. Most people who have got to that screen and "locked up" have found that if you wait about 30 minutes to and hour it usually comes out of it. Might take longer if its a contact issue and you have lots of FB contacts.
    I checked Facebook 2 hours ago (on WiFi), and haven't posted anything. Last thing I did was Sync with AppBrain and install the update for Speed Anatomy and Multicon. It froze immediately after that, and now it's stopping on the redeye animation. Currently letting it sit, turned off.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

You may have to do a factory reset. I know there is a button combination to press to do this if you are stuck where you are at, but not sure what the combo is. May have to talk to Verizon, or google it.

I checked Facebook 2 hours ago (on WiFi), and haven't posted anything. Last thing I did was Sync with AppBrain and install the update for Speed Anatomy and Multicon. It froze immediately after that, and now it's stopping on the redeye animation. Currently letting it sit, turned off.
    Not saying it was/is related to FB, just saying that was a big cause of boot up "locks" as of even last week. Either way I wouldn't worry to much just yet, I don't think I have read of a single user that was getting the Droid eye lock that didn't get it to boot up after letting it sit awhile and after that it would start up normally again.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Liberty GB v0.6

Quote Originally Posted by Topweasel View Post
    Not saying it was/is related to FB, just saying that was a big cause of boot up "locks" as of even last week. Either way I wouldn't worry to much just yet, I don't think I have read of a single user that was getting the Droid eye lock that didn't get it to boot up after letting it sit awhile and after that it would start up normally again.
    Cool cool, I'll try it in an hour then. Thanks man, I'm trying to quit smoking as well, so this was an EXTREMELY unpleasant surprise. I MUST EMBRACE THE CALM!!!!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Liberty GB v0.6

So it's been an hour, tried to boot and it's the same story, just tried to boot without the SD card and it's exactly the same. Any other advice before I do a factory reset?

So it's been an hour, tried to boot and it's the same story, just tried to boot without the SD card and it's exactly the same. Any other advice before I do a factory reset?
    Nope time to do a factory reset.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

ROM
    Liberty GB v0.6

Well at least that did the trick. Now to restore EVERYTHING!

I have a droid 2, brand new, and it locked up at the red eye during start up. It stayed locked up until I took out the battery and put it back in and that cleared it up. I do not have the phone linked to FB. I wish there was an option to be linked to FB without all the FB contacts, but that is another issue entirely.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

If I were you, I would think twice before downloading those two most recent apps. Apparently, there was some sort of issue/conflict involving one or both of them.
    Always learning ...

Thumbs down same problem

my droid x keeps freezing on boot up but it want go to recovery mode or anything i have no idead how to factory reset without recovery!help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,627 Global Posts

Factory Data Reset...

Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset

This will put your X back to it's "out of the box" status. Your paid downloaded apps will be available afterwards from Market and won't take too long to dl and install. The free ones, you will have to dl yourself, so make a list of them ahead of time.

Also, when you re-install apps, consider that there may have been a conflict between apps and/or your X. Load your more recent dl apps LAST, so you can determine if one of them caused your problem. If you do, then uninstall it and move on.

PS - You might consider plugging your X into your PC in USB Mass Storage Mode and drag/drop all the SD card contents to a folder on your PC. This will be a backup, if needed later.

Congrats on your no-smoking campaign. Worth the effort!
    Always learning ...