1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts

Default Facebook notifications

Is it just me or does facbook not put notifications in the notification bar? I have notificarions turned on but I dont have vibrate or ringers set. These are the same settings I use in twitter and I still see updates in the notification area. Am I missing something?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You missed the search, auto-search when you make a new post and just looking on any other page besides 1. No. FB notifications don't work properly yet.

Yeah, the fb app sucks. Your best bet is to check your emails for notifications and just go to the mobile site. i keep fb around to upload pics and share articles.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,515 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

I have FB notification on my Droid X. But I use a the FB app.

Global Posts
    828 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    I have FB notification on my Droid X. But I use a the FB app.
    The FB Notification only shows messages, events, and friend requests and only polling for notifications cannot be set any quicker than 30 minutes. If you go and check a notification on the mobile site or the full site before Fbook for Android has polled you will not get a notification for it on your DX.
    Galaxy Note II - Rooted - Black Status Bar w/WiFi Toggle

The Bloo app works great for FB notifications, it actually shows an icon in the notification tray and opens up the message in app, not on the mobile site, I'd recommend using that until the official app does the same

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Where can you get Bloo?

in the market

Its fplus now.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Unfortunately the Facebook app doesn’t support push notifications, or notifications for things like wall posts and comments without actually opening the app itself. Like others have said, it’s very limited when it comes to notifications. It’s been a gripe of Android users for a while now.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sinman2224 View Post
    Its fplus now.
    That's why I couldn't find it.... thanks!

Global Posts
    186 Global Posts

So then with Flow (fplus) what should we do with the fb app or social networking. Im so lost when it comes to this as I just got the X on friday
    Sweet Home Chicago

Sprint BB Curve (long time) ---> Vzw Eris (3 days) ---> Storm 2 (less than a year) ---> Droid X (less than a year) ---> Razr Maxx (one year) ---> Razr Maxx HD