Too many SMS ... Moto won't send!

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Everytime I send an sms message (right now at least) I get a message that says.

com.motorola.conversations A large number of SMS messages are being sent. Select "OK" to continue or "Cancel" to stop sending.

If I do not select "OK" then it does not send the message. Very annoying. WTF is up with this? How do I stop it!! (Ex BB rant .... My BB never did this!)

-Az!

Last edited:

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay. If I stop texting for a couple min then it goes away and lets me text as normal. However it quickly pops back up after a few texts. I have been texting several people in long conversations .. more like IM .... for a while tonight.

It seems like some moto app is checking the frequency of messages over time ... and warning the user. I want this to stop. I have unlimited text.

tdrus1

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
That is REALLY, really weird. It sounds like its trying to warn you that you are about to SEND a large number of SMS messages. you aren't sending messages to a large group or anything?

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Okay. If I stop texting for a couple min then it goes away and lets me text as normal. However it quickly pops back up after a few texts. I have been texting several people in long conversations .. more like IM .... for a while tonight.

It seems like some moto app is checking the frequency of messages over time ... and warning the user. I want this to stop. I have unlimited text.

Stop spamming me :p

I personally love the message app and have no problem sending messages but the weird thing for me is what I am calling a "hiccup". After a message has been received and I've read it, the phone will hiccup and the message app will disappear and reappear quickly.

I'm not sure why it does that. Any thoughts?

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I am just sending a single SMS at a time. I am not sure what the deal is. I tried do some google searches but no luck.

I was sending a ton of messages but it was one at a time to one person at a time ... although I was switching among people.

koctas

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had my droid x for about 5 months, now. And, it *just* started doing this.
I am having normal-timed conversations (like IM.) I am only sending to one recipient and they are plain text, one lined, messages.

This bug is very annoying. Any tips other than a reset? Resets seem to work for a bit but then it starts back.

Thanks in advanced.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Have your thought of deleting some/all of your text? If you consider them important, there's an app that will sync them to your gmail account, but I can't remember what it's called.

pank

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Under message settings there is an option for Message limit (max number of messages per conversion). I think the default is set to 200, just taking a stab in the dark here... You may want to try to up that number in the settings to see if that helps.

Nanci Amro

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I get the same thing...it is weird, I only sent a ton of single messages to one person. Oh and it did send them, unlike a few other descriptions I have read

morgan sisemore

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
easy fix

your getting this cause your message limit is to high. on the droid razr the highst message limit you can have per ocnovrsation is 1000! just change your messge limit to something lover mine was at 1000 and when i changed it to 300 it stoped giving me the sms message. go in your messages go to settings and it should be right there. not hard at all :)