Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera problems

I've been enjoying my Droid X - so far. But I'm having a problem with the camera. Instead of taking a photo, holding down the button turns the center square green and it beeps 2 times. No curtain or circle animation, and no picture. Any idea what is going on?

Its a two step camera button. Hold the button down lightly to focus (if focused successful, there are two beeps and a green focus box). Push harder on the button to take photograph.

U can get the circle animations and feedbck, just change the settings while in camera mode

I have an actual problem where when I first open the camera, about 50% of the time its blacked out. Once I switch to video mode the sensor turns on, then I can switch back. Pretty annoying

Does anyone know if there is a setting to activate an on-screen button you can push to take a pic like on the D2?

Default Re: Camera problems

Not currently with the stock app. I use Vignette, which is taking better pictures for me, and lets you take photos by tapping on the screen.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

I am also using Vignette and feel like the quality is improved.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts

+1 for Vignette.

Screw that stock camera app and buggy hard button. It looked good on paper but in reality the press to focus and press a bit more to shoot sucks - it's fine on my Nikon D50 dslr but it's not-so-great on my Droid X. So many blurry pics because of it.

Vigenette is well worth the $4.77 price of admission.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for the answer, and the suggestions about Vignette. I also purchased the soft skin from Verizon, and it doesn't have a cutout for the camera button. This it turned out was making the button less responsive. But I'm definitely going to look at Vingette.

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mchean View Post
    Thanks for the answer, and the suggestions about Vignette. I also purchased the soft skin from Verizon, and it doesn't have a cutout for the camera button. This it turned out was making the button less responsive. But I'm definitely going to look at Vingette.
    Yep my wife got that softskin too and it darn near makes the camera button useless.

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM4DXGB, Stock Rooted,

I got the soft skin from VZW as well and i take it off when I want to use the camera. It is a PITA to deal with.
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." ~ D.N.A.

I too am using the soft skin from VZ. I have considered using the Dremel to grind out the volume (zoom) and shutter release (red button) nipples on the rubberized skin to give me unobstructed access to the Dx buttons.
    Last edited by pixelsyndicate; 08-19-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: clarifications

I am using the VZW skin also.

I have no qualms with the Volume buttons, I have found the the camera button is not correct on mine, I actually have to press with a little aft pressure. Not quite "ON" the button but a little behind it.