Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "No more room on this home screen"???

I'm trying to add a few more widgets on my home screen. When I try it said, "No more room on this home screen". I then proceeded to remove an app from the home screen to make room. I tried again to add the same android widget. "No more room on this home screen" I decided to take off 2 more widgets and try to add another widget and get the same response. What am I missing?

It would seem to me that by removing 3 widgets I should be able to add 1 in their place???
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

What widget are you trying to add?
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom
    MacGyver Wannabe

What are you trying to add? Some are rather large.

Try adding it to an empty screen. The widget may take up an entire screen.
    Thanked by:

You may have removed three widgets going up and down the screen while the widget you want to add may need three empty spaces going across your screen or vice versa.

Pick an empty screen and add the widget to see the size.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by avlfive View Post
    What widget are you trying to add?
    Power Control
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmith View Post
    You may have removed three widgets going up and down the screen while the widget you want to add may need three empty spaces going across your screen or vice versa.

Pick an empty screen and add the widget to see the size.
    Didn't know widgets took up multiple spaces... I'll give it a try.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Gebo View Post
    Didn't know widgets took up multiple spaces... I'll give it a try.
    BINGOOOOOO!!! THanks Thanks!!!

ROM
    Stock

Yea, sometimes if you know how big the widget will be, you have to move around icons on the home screen to make room so the widget will fit. I wish the widgets auto-moved icons on the screen so that it wasn't so much of a chore, but whatever.
    Galaxy Nexus ^_^

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

I usually add new stuff to an empty screen and then see if it resizes etc... then I move it to where I want.

Default Re: "No more room on this home screen"???

How do I add an empty screen? The five screens I have are full of programs and widgets. Thanks!

Pinch your home screen so all your screens render. If you see an image of a blank screen with a + sign hit it and a blank screen will appear. If you see all your screens render, you might have your maximum allowed screens already there. Several launchers give you the ability to add up to 7-9 screens. Hope this helps.

Anyone having problems getting the Google Now widget to appear on ANY screens, even an empty one?

I tried adding it to an empty home screen, but I don't get the "No more room" error, I get... well... nothing. It just doesn't happen.

Maybe I'm missing a configuration somewhere?