Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Froyo for the X: grab it while you can...

This is just an FYI that Motorola is making MDW pull the update.zip from their site and there's no telling how long the mirrors will last, so be sure and grab it while its hot if you haven't done so already (or if you installed and are having issues and want to try a fresh download in case yours is corrupt)

X Froyo courtesy of p3droid and MyDroidWorld

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I'll upload it to my dropbox if it comes down to it.

Yeah, good luck with trying to make it disappear now that it's out :P
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ottscay View Post
    Yeah, good luck with trying to make it disappear now that it's out :P
    Exactly. Just like the .sbf that they pulled a c&d with. It's all over the place including on that same site still, lol.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

In other breaking news, Motorola has issued a C&D to everyone, asking them to not think or talk about changes to the X that they don't approve of before hand...

Ottscay- hahahaha

Default 2.2 Takedown by Moto

P3 got a C/D. ******* Moto.
    P3Droid Cease and Disist order.

This is joke... What ever happened to the Library of Congress rules in favor of jailbreaking . How do they get away with tactics that make apple look like the open source supporters?

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I'll just wait for the real update,the only real great thing is flash and thats what I have a mini laptop for. So me one of the few happy for now.

Quote Originally Posted by El Poblano View Post
    This is joke... What ever happened to the Library of Congress rules in favor of jailbreaking .
    That ruling protects the consumer for the actions they take on their phone, it doesn't cover people who leak software against a companies wishes. Sort of like you have every right to copy and back up a DVD or even a Blu-ray disk...but without very creative maneuvering it's illegal to create and sell software that does the latter.

Android is an Apache license (Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), the WHOLE source code is available. The last C/D Moto gave was for the .sbf- but not for the whole system, just the keyboard software that they made for their handsets. I'm sure its something similar this time.

Update: MyDroidWorld posted the C/D. It was, in fact, for their "proprietary" keyboard. I'd be happy to just use the vanilla keyboard to stick it to Moto.

Default Re: Froyo for the X: grab it while you can...

The people at Motorola need to get their head out of their collective... Well, you get the idea.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ROM
    Tranquil Ice , RazrX

Will i be able to recieve the OTA update if im rooted on droid x ?

Quote Originally Posted by GatorPT View Post
    Will i be able to recieve the OTA update if im rooted on droid x ?
    Depends on which rooting method you used and what changes you have made. See this page for more info. If the current update.zip is the same as the OTA and you deleted any bloatware, modified system some system files (see the link) you will wake up to boot loops when you get the OTA. All is not lost, the sbf method can get you out but it is not for the faint of heart.

Any way to get a list of the files in the update? I was able to get one but am a little concerned since some if the bin files have 2008 dates.