IS the leaked update final?

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Is this the final build? Because I read that with froyo you can copy/paste words from online, and also I didn't notice much of a difference with performance, to add now it doesn't let me use my apple in ear headphones to at least pause it (with b tunes, I used to press the volume button on the remote to pause/play) And lastly, the camera is still blurry, as if it were 3 mp quality, any feedback is appreciated!

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
How would anyone on these boards, save for maybe a hidden Motorola employee, know that? lol

Theres nothing wrong with the camera. If you're taking blurry pictures assuming your hardware is not defective than the fault is your own. Wipe the camera lens with a microfiber cloth before shooting and keep the camera in focus and steady.

Can't comment on the headset problem as I have no usage with such a device. Apple /yuck

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I despise apple as well, but I got a deal on them (theyre 80 I got it for 20) and it was back when I had my ipod touch, but would be nice if someone could clarify just becuase I need at least the pause function for the headphones, not too much to ask for is it? xD

sleeping giant

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Is this the final build? Because I read that with froyo you can copy/paste words from online, and also I didn't notice much of a difference with performance, to add now it doesn't let me use my apple in ear headphones to at least pause it (with b tunes, I used to press the volume button on the remote to pause/play) And lastly, the camera is still blurry, as if it were 3 mp quality, any feedback is appreciated!

keep in mind that any pictures that were taken in a poor light quality environment will always come out blurry.

go outside on a sunny day, take a picture of something, and compare something taken indoors

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the picture tip, my main gripe now is mainly the headphones, it's really annoying not being able to at least pause the music.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
As stated above there's no way we can predict if this is final, but my guess is it's darn close.

IMHO: I think too much noise was made about Froyo's performance advantages. The average user probably wouldn't notice a difference. The minority will judge enhanced performance through benchmarking results.

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of benchmarks I did notice the score go from 1200 to around 1350, no idea how some got 1400+, guess it varies by phone and what you have on it

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of benchmarks I did notice the score go from 1200 to around 1350, no idea how some got 1400+, guess it varies by phone and what you have on it

Keep running the test a whole bunch of times. I thought it had to do with your system and whats running in the background, so I deleted every widget and icon off my launcher pro homescreens and ran it, got a 1387. Then I said ok well thats our control, now lets add all my widgets and shortcuts back and see what I get, got a freaking 1492 :/

There's no real consistency and I have no idea why there was such a big jump in score. I'm not overclocked nor am I running the build.prop hacks (but when I was I was consistently scoring 2000-2200)

And Cory as for the whole performance hype, the thing is every one else who got Froyo saw tremendous boosts in benchmarks like Linpack and Quadrant from just Froyo. Meanwhile the Droid X has been setting the pace on just 2.1, so we all anticipated to see similar scaling. Unfortunately our TI OMAP doesn't scale well with JIT as the Snapdragon does. It comes down to CPU architecture and specifications. Point is, there really isn't much of a performance gain on Froyo for us and its not Froyo's fault, its our hardwares fault.

So in a sense Froyo itself isn't disappointing, the TI OMAP is :( I still love my phone and am loving Froyo even more, its amazing and fixes alot of the things that were nagging me. If I can get 2 things I will be 100% content with this phone:

1: Bluetooth HID support for the Playstation 3 controller
2: FULL HDMI access. (gman is working on this and has it working 100%, just gotta get it released)

Honestly these two things aside there isn't one thing this phone really can't do that the competition has. It's pretty much the best of the best right now. I say screw Linpack. Real world performance is all that matters and this thing flies!

Droidxnh

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Go to camera settings and change the review time to 0 it is set at 2 sec.

It makes the camera seems snappy and it 2 less seconds to keep still.

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I can ask for, and seriously the only thing, that will make this ave an advantage over apple completely, is compatibility with remote headphones, like to use as a microphone/control music and whatnot

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
So looking how or where can we find JIT? I remember one 2.2 setup y can disable it. I think its close still a few bugs. Ie lock screen, still needs to be louder in alarms and alerts. I can't figure out y folks are going back i see more plus then minus with froyo then eclaire.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
JIT is definitely there moosc. Sadly it doesn't benefit our TI OMAPS as much as it does the Snapdragons. No big deal, our phone was kicking *** and taking names back on 2.1, which proves to me that the "scores" you're seeing on phones like the EVO and Inc on 2.2 for apps like Linnpack are bogus. Go by real world performance, not some number chewed out by an unoptimized program. (the whole point to Linpack was to show raw performance, with JIT enabled these Snapdragons are doing the opposite, using pre-baked optimizations to beat the fairness to the benchmark)

As for this missing features, hmm I can't say. It seems to be doing everything right. Albeit its a little buggy, and is probably why we haven't seen an official release yet.

Actually I am missing one feature. In the camera app I thought if you rotated the screen it would change the buttons to keep them facing you. It stays in landscape mode for me no matter which way I rotate it.

Edit: btw Moosc grats on 666 posts lawl the number caught my eye as I was scrolling :p

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
The x froyo has the new updated gmail. Still I would like a mark all button. I love the copy n paste about time.

Twofingerz

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the blurry camera, I Noticed that even after a battery pull, If i HAD the camera set on MACRO, It will still be on macro The next time i go to use the camera. At the very least It should revert back to AUTO. You really do have to check your settings everytime you go use your camera.

Last edited:

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm wondering messing around with root explore is this a modified rom? I'm seeing a lot files odex.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I went back to 2.1.

You tube wasn't working, I couldn't watch video's taken on the X, music played at first... then wouldn't play at all,

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the picture tip, my main gripe now is mainly the headphones, it's really annoying not being able to at least pause the music.

Another camera tip...if you do take pictures is lower light, or indoor settings, turn off the flash and put the exposure up to 2 or 3, that will help a ton

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams