Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM
    Waiting for RubiX for GB.

Default My Droid X randomly "restarts" itself

My X seems to have an issue, where it randomly restarts periodically. I have not noticed a pattern to it. At times it will be just sitting on the seat beside me, as I'm driving down the road, and it will just restart. Anyone else seeing this?

i have had this problem well still do. i'm going to contact VZW about getting a replacement my wfe has a DX too and she never has any problems with her's. it sucks cause i compare my phone to hers all the time when i have problems and i nit pick at everything.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Mine was restarting, and eventually got stuck in a loop where it would boot, and ten seconds later restart itself again. I did a factory reset just to get it up and running, and was going to return the phone, but since then it's worked smoothly and hasn't rebooted once. I'd recommend starting with a factory reset. It sucks, but it did seem to fix my issues.

Are either one of you running a task killer? If so, try deleting it and see how your phone runs for a few days.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM

I do not have a task killer installed on mine... If I am going to do a reset, is there a way to back-up all of my apps, and settings, so I don't have to start over, customizing it?

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

this is a issue that moto knows about infact their is a 26 page thread in their support forum i wish this problem would get more attention https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...art=0&tstart=0

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

Yes .. I have been getting random reboots lately. I do not use a task killer or third party txt, launcher, email, etc...

I am waiting for 2.2 to see what shakes out. At least it reboots quickly (unlike BB).

Androidoholic

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB 4.1 Franco rr230

Default Re: My Droid X randomly "restarts" itself

There was a thread when the phone launched about this and it seemed like this was happening to a fair amount of people

Sent from DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Galaxy Nexus

Nokia 920

Moto X

My phone had this problem, but now it seemingly doesn't. I didn't really do anything to stop it, either.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

well i'm just wanting for this problem to get some real press. the people on the moto support site are starting to get really mad. and that thread is going hit 400 reply's before the day is done

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by cambone890 View Post
    this is a issue that moto knows about infact their is a 26 page thread in their support forum i wish this problem would get more attention https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...art=0&tstart=0
    Are you sure? I have never heard of this random rebooting berfore....

I actually just got off the phone with a rep to order my replacement dx because of this very problem
    dROIDx
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    ROM

I just spoke with a Verizon customer support woman. She suggested that the only solution that they have available to them, at this time, is to just replace the phone. I ask her if, in her experience, this is fixing the problem, and she said that she does not know. She had not personally talked to anyone who had been shipped a replacement, and was still having the problem. So....my replacement will be here in 3 days. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts

I can't seem to figure it out ... just had my 2nd reboot today (that I noticed). Both times the phone is just hanging out in the media dock. No action going on and boom... reboot.

Luckily, I have only had the phone reboot once while I was actually using it/doing something.. but I see it happen all the time.

I have had two random reboots that I know of since I got the phone. I don't really want to replace the phone, since it is most likely software related. Maybe the next update will fix this.

Default Re: My Droid X randomly "restarts" itself

I had the random reboot problem about once per day/ once every 2 days or so. Did a factory reset a week an a half ago, and haven't had a problem since. Try a factory reset before returning the phone. It's a pain to set everything up again, but it is worth it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I noticed that a couple of times out of the dock but not since Froyo.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    ROM
    GB Rooted

I agree with mikejs78, I did a factory reset a few weeks back and it fixed my reset issues. It's only happened once, but that was an issue with Tasker and Navigation conflicting. My droid runs like a charm now.

ROM
    ICS

yup 5 times with 1st DX once with my 2nd. it froze 3 times while switching from regular to land scape while texting/emailing with both phones. it rebooted once while using the fm radio. how do we get moto/vzw to pay attention to this? i can't even tell if my 2nd DX is new or used and it ticks me off because im a brand new customer who had a new phone for 2 weeks.

Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just had it happen to me for the first time. Earlier today the whole phone locked up while I was texting and it reset itself that time too.

I it persists I will do a reset.

By a factory reset you do mean settings, privacy and then factory data reset? Our is there a different type of reset?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,258 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 0pusX View Post
    I just had it happen to me for the first time. Earlier today the whole phone locked up while I was texting and it reset itself that time too.

I it persists I will do a reset.

By a factory reset you do mean settings, privacy and then factory data reset? Our is there a different type of reset?
    That's correct. That's what a factory reset is. It will wipe everything and will be as if you just took it out of the box so you'll have to reinstall apps and everything. Of course, contacts and gmails and things will be backed up to Google's servers but all settings and applications will be gone.
    BlackBerry 8330 --> BlackBerry Storm1 --> Motorola Droid --> HTC Droid Incredible & Motorola Droid X & Motorola Xoom

Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

If it fixes the problem I guess it's a small price to pay.......

i had the same issues. I eventually exchanged my phone for another because my wife had the same model phone and hers didn't do this. I tried resetting to factory over and over again, and it helped for some time, but didn't end my misery. since the new phone, i've not had to do any resets (though it's rebooted twice in 2 weeks).

Default droid x rebooting

My backlight goes out during calls then reboots i have done a factory reset on both my phone i have received in the last week will they make an update for the software please until now i will have verizon sent me a 3rd phone in 7 DAYS argg

Are the users having this problem using LPP (Launcher Pro Plus) because the recent build has been causing reboot issues latly..
    Samsung S3
    Time to feel the POWER...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast