Maybe It's just me but...

droidX1991

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I'm in a call and I try to go online to look something up, it wont load! But over wifi, its not problem. My iPhone never had this problem... any way to fix it?

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
CDMA uses same antenna and tuner for Vioce and Data. Voice can interrupt data, but you can not and never ever will be able to access CDMA data while on a CDMA phone call.

LTE while supporting CDMA and GSM communication is closer to GSM then CDMA and will support Data and Voice at the same time. So next year on Verizon if you have a 4G connection and a 4G handset you will be able to get voice and data at the same time.

Saiyaman156

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It is impossible to load data and be on a voice call. This is how CDMA works. The data and voice streams all share the same spectrum with CDMA, allowing for more bandwidth on CDMA. Plus, if you are on the phone, you should be paying attention and not browsing the internet :p

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It is impossible to load data and be on a voice call. This is how CDMA works. The data and voice streams all share the same spectrum with CDMA, allowing for more bandwidth on CDMA. Plus, if you are on the phone, you should be paying attention and not browsing the internet :p

I disagree there is a time and a place for data while on a phone call. Like Logmein and a support call (parents) would be nice to be able to talk to them while accessing their machines from the phone. But that's why Wifi is there and why no smart phone should be without it (S1 I am looking at you).

anon(40252)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Also .. talking to someone and looking at google maps or a collaborative project online. There are many uses for phone/data usage.

Like everyone has said. Currently VZW cannot do this. Sprint can do it on their 4g network but not their 3g network. ATT & Tmo can do it over their existing network.

This will not be an option on VZW until LTE rolls out and you get a phone supporting LTE. Probably early next year (maybe late 2010) ... and that assumes you are in a 4g market at launch.

Saiyaman156

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was joking, notice the adorable little :p

I guess it never bothered me, 90% of the time when I am on the phone, I am either driving or at home with WiFi; that keeps me from noticing the not being able to grab data thing. The other 10% of the time, I just don't care.

I do agree that the one issue with CDMA is that it can't handle voice and data at the same time. It makes sense once you read how CDMA works...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463