IMAP... What are you all using for a solution?

Fabrian

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if it's Motorola's implementation of email or not, but I can't get IMAP to work for anything. I do know how to setup, deal with task killers..etc, it just doesn't work for me.

When I set up an account initially it pulls everything down...but then that's it. It won't even grab anything that's refreshed manually.

Maybe it's just me, although from what I've tested I'm not thinking so.

Even still, the stock email app is terrible for available configuration right of the bat anyway.

babyjsmom

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I use IMAP and it works but when I look at my mail on the PC the deleted items from my phone don't delete from the server. Is there a setting for this?

Fabrian

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Hmm.... I've tried every setting I can think of to get IMAP to work. I haven't tried using POP because I don't want to and just plain ain't going to. Maybe it's got something to do with Hostgator's requirements, but I've not run into this problem with any other device - even other Android devices.

Either way, the built-in email app sucks nuts. Like I was saying before, it's customization is just plain horrible.

I'll give K9 a try. Thanks for the tip.

Fabrian

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Ok, so I installed K9. This app is a thousand percent better than the built-in app for the Droid X. Highly customizable, really not bad looking...and most importantly....it works.

Finally I can stop forwarding my own domain email to gmail. Hallelujah.

Umm.., just a quick heads up for those of you about to install K9 - Put an hour or so aside, especially if you have more than one email account. There is A LOT of configuration if you're the particular type.

Just as an aside - I truly find it baffling that an OS like Android can't supply a native email app that works well aside the gmail client. It's just really surprising IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad