Dust under the screen

jkeeley1

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I have had my dx for just over a week now and am getting dust specs under my screen (in the middle, not just around the edge ). Anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to fix or stop it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

johntkong

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Havent noticed any dust under my screen. There's dust along the edges where my skin meets the glass. I actually took my skin off because it was trapping dust particles.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
You shouldn't have any dust. That's unacceptable and I'd be getting a replacement. Unfortunately the steps to mitigate dust are common sense, stuff like "don't keep it around dust" etc.

jkeeley1

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I keep it in a pouch and wipe down the screen constantly with a microfiber cloth.it is strange because the dust specs are in deep, like near the center of the screen.

jkeeley1

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Took it into a vzw store, they tried canned air and it did nothing, tech said they can't do anything else for me, not covered by warranty.

jerparker

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem with my Storm 1. They replaced it twice. Keep calling back or ask to speak with a supervisor. As stated before this is unacceptable!

Took it into a vzw store, they tried canned air and it did nothing, tech said they can't do anything else for me, not covered by warranty.

fishngrits

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site

Please tell me you didn't buy that load of crap. Speak to someone who can make things happen, (i.e., not a sales rep), and demand a replacement.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Sounds to me like a bad seal either on the LCD or the glass. Even if blowing air did cleared it out it doesn't cure the defect. If this was a free justaphone it would be expected, but definitely not on the X.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

If this is true, this is complete BS. I'd be mad. My Storm1 had tons of dust under the screen and it drove me crazy every single day.

jkeeley1

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
yep, it's true. I think I'm going to call CS, I seem to get further with them than I do with the people in the stores.
If this is true, this is complete BS. I'd be mad. My Storm1 had tons of dust under the screen and it drove me crazy every single day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12