Droid x capturing my heart

Nbaker20#AC

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
well i am an avid blackberry fan, im still using my bold 9000, however i did have my heart set on the new 9800 torch when its due to be released here in the uk in a month.... BUT ever since ive seen the droid x its slowly capturing my heart, ive seen so many review videos on the droid x, im just wondering if it has many features i use on my BB for example:-

Instant email ?
Instant notifications such as facebook without having to open the app all the time to retrieve them.

also whats the battery life like ?

and biggest question of all does any1 know when this phone will be released in the uk???

many thanks

:)

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Email should be instant with Gmail, and you can route through forward or grab settings to dummy Gmail accounts that should come "instantly" enough.

Depending on the app most have notification settings, or a program on the marketplace that will help you setup notifications.

Battery life is one of the best for Android phones, but some reports have the battery/OS needing a break in period. Also since at its core its one of the few unlimited Multitasking OS (BB being the other) and so feature and option full (with Widgets and such) you need to be watchful of what you are loading. For non Storm BB users though, its battery life is going to seem a little depressing.

This phone may never see a real release in the UK, or anywhere in Europe. Its a CDMA, non-World Edition, phone. Maybe a version comes out, but their hasn't been any whispers and Motorola has been slow to put out a top of the line droid for any GSM carrier. It's to early in big M's transition to Smartphone sales and as a premium Android brand, to tell what its world-wide goal and production tendencies are. My guess is they will save high end GSM production for LTE next year, so they can continue to design these phones for Verizon, but move them out to other markets quicker.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey