Froyo Problems With Music?

rustler753

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, I flashed froyo to my droid x and its amazing. My only issue is that once and a while the music player will suddenly not be able to play music, saying it wont recognize that file type. All my music is in mp3. When I reboot the phone, it works fine, plays all my music. Anyone have an idea of whats going on and how to fix it?

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that the music player is broken in this build. I'm pretty sure as others have said in the hacking forum that this is not the Froyo that will OTA but rather an early release that was tinkered with. I would look to see how things are going on the D2 as it is probably pretty close to what the X will be getting.

noni

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I mentioned this issue with music and videos. A reboot seems to resolve the problem, which now has only happened once in the past 5 days. My reboots aren't so precarious anymore either, after first updating I would have to reboot several times before getting past the dreaded 'M'. Quite bizarre, hopefully these bugs will be sorted in the official release.

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me this week. It seems to be something in the OS not recognizing mp3s as a valid format, because I tried a few other music apps (Music Mod, DoubleTwist, etc.) and none of them worked. A reboot did solve it.

Another problem I had was while listening to my whole collection on "Party Shuffle" (whatever that is...), it kept playing the same four or five songs. Stopping playback and hitting the party shuffle icon fixed it, but it was strange.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me the first time yesterday as well. Just restarted the phone and it worked again... so I dunno whats up :/ but this is what we get for getting unofficial releases :) Too bad I wouldn't do it any other way lol

bodean713

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the Droid 2 and I am having a bad time with my music. Mine did the same thing with the cannot play this file type and I have all MP3's. However when i rebooted mine phone all the songs were gone and there is a crap load of someting that I don't recognize in the "lost File." I have been working on this problem for hours. I have a 32gb sd card and the forst few times I Tried to synch music I used the mass storge way but the last time I used the windows Media synch mode. I even tried Verizons worthless Media Manager. Anybody got any ideals?

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
When I first installed the 32GB card my phone would not go past the lock screen. Even after removing it I was stuck in a boot loop and had to do a factory wipe. This was the card verizon provided. I had to do a full format using a pc before reinserting in my X. Perhaps yours is not properly formatted. I couldn't get the X to format it properly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm running the official Froyo, unrooted on my DX, and I've been bumping into this same problem every couple of days. Like others have reported, it can be temporarily resolved by rebooting the phone.

Has anybody found a real solution to this? Is the previous post about reformatting the card a suggested solution?

skinnhc

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to add myself to this. Coming from the orginal droid its very disappointing that the music player is not reliable at all. Like stated by others a reboot usually fixes it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
It's not just the music player - when I'm having this problem, Last.FM and Pandora won't play anything either... so, that sort of makes me lean in the direction of this not being a problem with the SD card.

bcso48

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue also with my music and re booting my phone seems to clear up the problem every couple days. I did do a wipe on my phone and re installed Froyo but didn't follow directions on how to do a clean install. I'm not sure if that really would have mattered. I hate the thought of re wiping my phone again and having to re-install all my stuff again.

steelernole

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Follow the instructions in the first post of this thread( Bingo! I finally figured out how to get things straight in my Droid X 2.2 update) to do a clean reinstall of Froyo. I also erased my entire memory card and transferred my music from my computer to my phone again. This cleared up all of the problems that I had with playing music after the 2.2 update. The music player would freeze up after two or three songs before I did the clean swipe and reinstall of Froyo. Now I do not have and problems with the music player or any other part of my phone.

seanubis

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the reset procedure in the "Bingo" thread is the way to go. Not looking forward to setting everything up again, but I guess I'll give it a shot.

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I was having the same problem. I was on the leaked 2.2 when I noticed the problem (did not have the problem with the original 2.1). I found that after formatting the memory card that it seamed to have fixed the problem. I will say it was only a day or 2 after formatting when I did the downgrade to 2.1 to get the OTA 2.2 and I had to wipe my phone since I got the boot loop. So if you are having this problem and can let us know if just formatting the memory card works that would be great...

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I was having same problem on rooted OTA Froyo. I removed all music filed from SD card (I felt like a change, not based on postings, etc.) and placed new music on (including some of the old tracks) and all has been fine for me (knock on wood) for over a week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech