Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts

Default Should I purchase Launcher Pro Plus or wait for Froyo?

Im really want Launcher pro plus on my Droid X 2.1. Will I be wasting my money buy purchasing it if Froyo will give that type of UI ? Will Froyo give that UI type or keep the 2.1 feel ?

Look at vids about Droid 2 and the UI on it's pretty much the droid x, and if you don't like it buy launcher pro plus which I believe doesn't lag my Droid X

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

I love Launcher Pro Plus. Best $ 3.00 ever! I loaded standard Launcher Pro on my Wifes D2 and her phone is much snappier then it was stock. If you like LP at all I would go for it.

Why don't you just get the free version for now, then upgrade to plus after froyo if you still want to.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Should I purchase Launcher Pro Plus or wait for Froyo?

I love launcher pro plus. I agree, best three bucks I've ever spent on android.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10

I've owned both the droid 2 & now the X...the UI, is basically identicle.
    I also owned launcher pro plus on both as well...love it.
    Very smooth & customizable.

ROM
    Liberty GB v0.6

I would say to get Pro before he adds enough features to justify raising the price. As everyone else has said, the interface will be practically indentical, and Moto\Ninja\Philblur is not exactly the grandest UI enhancement out there. I would try the free version for a week, and if you don't like it, don't bother, if you do like it, pay for it and enjoy the extra perks and widgets.

I've bought it. I love it. I'm not going back to blur.

(Droid X, with 2.2)

Global Posts
    641 Global Posts

+ another - best paid app I've bought yet - followed closely by Vignette and Beautiful Widgets.

As greydarrah said just download the free version for now to see if you like it.

I guarantee you will like it

It's the best launcher imo. Super fast and smooth, and very customizable.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
    Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies

I'd certainly advocate trying the free version first, but like many in this thread I'd say it's the best $3 I've spent.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

I'll add my +++ to these comments. I have LP+ now, after taking it off once and re-installing it. I don't know if it really makes a difference, but I recommend cleaning off your home screens before you install LP+. It zaps whatever you have and you start all over populating your home screens. However, if you un-install LP+, your original screens reappear, which means they are still there, somewhere in the electronic ether, while LP+ is operating.

I found, on my first install, there were lags and apparent conflicts with certain widgets that I had on the original screen and then again on the LP+ screen. Have had no problems since re-installing over blank screens on the stock UI. Outstanding app!!!

I also recommend the Extended Controls app which enables even further customization of basic operations at a convenient touch. This, LP+ and Vignette are the three best app investments!

Thanks to you all for answering the Froyo question. I, too, was wondering if there would be problems or duplications. Everything is running so smoothly now.
    Always learning ...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

i am still going to be using LPP once froyo releases. it is a great launcher

+1 for extended controls as well

Have to agree with clearing the philblur home screens. Seems to have made a difference.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I love launcher pro plus, best app I have purchased so far, I love all the customization options on lpp so far, even when we get the froyo update I will still be using lpp

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

In fact, with Froyo LPP+ gets better, as its contacts widget will work the way it's supposed to, with the pop up window offering you a choice of call, text, email, etc (Motorola saw fit to include implement this feature of the OS this time around I guess).

where's launcher pro plus? can't seem to find it in the marketplace

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

LauncherProPlus isn't available in the market because the developer lives in a country that Google does not allow to be the source if paid apps. You have to go to http://www.launcherpro.com and pay through paypal.

Steve in CT

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

O ok, thanks! whats the benefits of plus?

Just get it. it is now in the Android Market contrary to what others have said. It's three bucks or if you must use the free version. Much better than the stock interface. Much more flexible plus faster and smoother than the stock interface.

LauncherPro

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mosarmini View Post
    O ok, thanks! whats the benefits of plus?
    LPP gets custom widgets that you don't get with the free version, and they are really nice. Also, more widgets are to come, and once they are all out the price would increase, maybe twicefold

Default Stupid Question

Quote Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
    Have to agree with clearing the philblur home screens. Seems to have made a difference.
    If I uninstall LPP+, and clear my original screens, will the market/website remember that I bought the app when I go to reinstall??

Sorry, new to android, know that Blackberry would remember your device ID.

Thanks

+1 more for LPP. You can customize every aspect of your layout. Add Multicon, Folder Organizer and Beautiful widgets and the possibilities are endless. Best $3 I've spend on the market...though easy root is right up there as well.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

Download whatever is on the Marketplace (free version) AND the icon pack - very cool stuff. The free app will ask if you want to upgrade to the paid app and take you to the website to do this. All very simple.

Once paid and installed, if you uninstall, you will need to real-download the free version. Then hit menu and input the activation key code (can't think of the actual words they use). Be sure to save activation key code you receive via email at purchase. You will need it any time you re-install.
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

PS - once you buy from the Marketplace, they keep at record of your apps and will tell you those with updates when you check "my apps". Downloads are as soon as you touch the word, direct to the X. Very slick.

Another PS - I will LOVE Swype.