1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Default Switch Slient Mode slider function to Vibrate Mode instead?

Hello all!
    Just switched over from a Treo to a DroidX.

One thing nags me:
    Is there anyway to change the functionality of the slider that enables Silent Mode to enable Vibrate Mode instead?
    I appreciate any input!
    Thanks!

You'll be a happy camper when 2.2 comes out. Because thats exactly how it works with 2.2

Global Posts
    412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

There is an app called Simply Lockscreen that enable you to select between silent/vibrate/normal modes. Available at the Market.
    Droid Charge
    There is nothing constant but change.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Cool! Thanks for the info!
    I'm eagerly awaiting 2.2.

Thanks for the recommendation, downloaded and used it, works great. I was wanting the same thing (vibrate, not silence)

I tried out Simply Lockscreen (which wasn't available on the market for me - but I found an APK file) and I didn't like the fact that you could skip the lockscreen by hitting the home key.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Much better since the 2.2 update.

I tried Simply Lockscreen and I have now totally locked up my droid x .. when I try to unlock it say system error please click here to force shut down.. when I try to force it to cloce it keeps poping up teh same msg.. I need some help and I need it quick.. I can't use my phone at all PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by fltdspx View Post
    I tried Simply Lockscreen and I have now totally locked up my droid x .. when I try to unlock it say system error please click here to force shut down.. when I try to force it to cloce it keeps poping up teh same msg.. I need some help and I need it quick.. I can't use my phone at all PLEASE HELP
    Pull battery?

I choose to use the app 'silentmode' from market. It doesn't work with the slider but it does allow a functional 1x1 icon on your homescreens.