Ordered the X - couple of questions

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I placed my order for the X on Aug. 24th and I'm impatiently waiting until they claim it should be shipped on or before September 8. I do have a couple of questions about Verizon, the X, and Android itself.

First, regarding Verizon's return policy: online it says that you can return a phone within 30 days of purchase. Does this include the time that you're waiting for it to arrive, or does the time begin to run once you actually receive the phone and activate it? I'm just wondering because I'm coming from a BB, and on the off chance that I'm totally lost and confused when using this thing and want to return it, does that mean I'll only have maybe two weeks to check it out as opposed to the usual 30 days?

Second, regarding using Hotmail: this might be a little premature, but I'm primarily a Hotmail user. I also use Gmail, but it is more like a second line. I read on BGR that Hotmail is getting activsync (sp?) on Monday and wanted to know if anyone had any info regarding how this may or may not work with Android? Could this possibly mean that I won't have to use the Gmail workaround to get Hotmail directly synced to my phone for push mail?

Lastly, are the phones that are coming out later and being shipped now still having the same screen unresponsiveness problem that the earlier models did, or is this something that has been fixed and is why there is such a delay in shipping?

Thanks to anyone for their help!

sleeping giant

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I came from BBs too, particularly the BB Tour.

i believe, and almost positive, it starts when you receive and activate the phone. however, let me tell you right now that the learning curve with the android os is not as hard as the blackberries. it's somewhat almost kind of like it as well. you have no worries when it comes to switching from a BB to a droid x.

i have never heard of screen unresponsiveness when it comes to droid x, droid 2, or any android phones. i believe this problem is exclusive to BB storm and such lol