"Text Messages not sent" HELP!!

dubr562

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting notification that says "3 Text Messages not Sent" i clicked to see which ones but it just takes me to the messages screen it doesn't specify which messages. I became so frustrated with it that i went ahead and deleted every single text message thread I had, yet it's still doing it! I'm getting ready to restore my phone to factory settings because it's so frustrating unless someone can HEEEEELLLLLPPPP!!! I'm not using Handcent or anything else, just the stock Droid/blur messaging system.

Hosehead

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Are you sending messages to any phone numbers with a +1 in front (or other international dialing code)?

I ran into that problem coming from BB Storm 2 to the Droid X. I had to go change all of my contact mobile numbers to remove the +1 prefix.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The real problem appears to be that the default "Text Messaging" app does not show you a failed message queue, but will continually try to resend them. The good news is that Handcent shows you this queue and allows you to delete these messages. You do not need to continue to use Handcent, just use it to delete undelivered messages (I like the appearance and feel of the default app). Make sure to turn off Handcent's notifications if you plan to keep it installed as a deletion utility.

Solution:
1. Install Handcent SMS from Android Marketplace
2. Launch Handcent SMS
3. Press Menu Button >> More + >> Undelivered messages
4. Here you can delete undelivered conversations and end your "messages not sent" woes!

Grown1man

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I finally figured out how to delete that annoying text message not sent notification. I don't know how long it's going to be before it pops back up but for the past 20 minutes it has not come back. Get a text message and do not open the text message wait a couple of minutes going to your messaging and tap on your settings in the far right corner with the three dots. At the top of the screen it should say mark all messages as read. It worked for me hope it works for you. Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde