verizon shipping second day air

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
verizon is shipping droid x's to people by two day instead of over night. some might say it doesn't matter, but they told me and others that their phones would be shipped next day while we were waiting for them. maybe people who are still waiting can get verizon to honor their promise.

TwistedLIE

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Website and confirmation email told me free overnight shipping... it better be free overnight shipping. Personally it doesn't matter what they do, but whatever you tell me your going to do, you better do it. That's the deal.

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It probably had something to do with shipping over the weekend. Since they are not giving people the option for Saturday delivery, it probably defaults to it on Fridays. Just like Amazon and Newegg.

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
it's just a problem with verizon. they don't give good information to customers. this is why i had a problem with them not telling you a day ahead of time that the phone was shipping. if they had, i could have offered to pay extra for over night. they told me repeatedly that's how it was shipping and i trusted them.

thisisbenji

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Well it does say on their website free overnight shipping when you buy online, so in my opinion it's misleading. But, I'm not going to complain about it. One extra day doesn't really make a difference when I'v already been waiting a week and a half.

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Well it does say on their website free overnight shipping when you buy online, so in my opinion it's misleading. But, I'm not going to complain about it. One extra day doesn't really make a difference when I'v already been waiting a week and a half.

i understand some people may not care and that's fine. if mine had shipped on another day by two day, i wouldn't mind as much, but it's like it got sent by ground shipment. it's more about verizon thinking they can do anything they want to. i just wanted to mention it so people could at least try to get theirs by overnight like was promised

definitelydeb

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
two day shipping

Two day shipping SOUNDS great when you are standing in the store, salivating over getting your new phone. :D But two weeks later (yes! my salesperson neglected to tell me that there was a big backlog and a two week delay on getting the phone) when I could see that my phone had been shipped, but was sitting in the FED EX sorting center just three miles from my home? I was not happy! They actually scanned it and made the notation... "delivery not due today"! I had to wait ANOTHER day to get it.

Verizon did not GIVE me an option on the shipping. She just said, "I am GIVING you two day shipping!" Like she was doing me a favor!

BUT... don't get me wrong. I love my phone. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. ;)

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Weekend shipping means no overnight. Its not a hard concept to understand. Also the 1 day free shipping was as far as I know an online order only thing.

Jigmeister

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on the phone (the second time) and he said it would be "overnight" excluding weekends. I'll let you know when I finally get a confirmation email.... LOL

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I ordered on the phone (the second time) and he said it would be "overnight" excluding weekends. I'll let you know when I finally get a confirmation email.... LOL
Man I really feel for ya. You've been waiting a very long time, I've been following your posts in other threads. Your unboxing will be momentous :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Topweasel

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site

That's right. I could be wrong on the other orders part. But unless they specify Saturday shipping then, most business warehouse software connected to FedEx or UPS will automatically switch it 2 days. Why? Because it will be delivered the same day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34