X makes weird sounds at night

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Have done several searches and can't find an answer to this...

At night, my DX is bedside, attached to a charging cable. It makes a little sound periodically (and frequently) during the night that I would normally assume is an incoming email - almost like a hiccup.

There is no set timing sequence for the sounds (as in "every 15 minutes") -- they are random.They seem to start up around 4 or 5 a.m. (PDT) and I don't hear then during the day. But the sound is soft, so maybe I miss it the rest of the time.

It's not exactly the sound I have programmed for email, but close - just two short notes. BUT, when I get up and check the emails, there may be only one or two. Yet there must have been a dozen of the sounds.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

PS - I keep my X face down at night because of all the flashing lights. But, I do NOT have the "Smart Profile - Face Down" enabled.

TwistedLIE

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It's snoring...

Nah man, I have no clue. I will chime in when I get my X and let you know if mine does it. It could be just a surge in power from the wall... or something of that nature.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem. Mine was firing of the notification periodically all night. I found that one of my mail programs was set to remind me if I didn't acknowledge the notification. I cured that behavior problem...

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar problem. Mine was firing of the notification periodically all night. I found that one of my mail programs was set to remind me if I didn't acknowledge the notification. I cured that behavior problem...

This MIGHT be it! I checked my email/text settings and the only one that had a repeat notification was the "Alert" app -- I had it set for 2 minutes, thinking if there were a disaster, I'd surely want to know there was an alert message. Turned the reminder off and I will let you know tomorrow morning if this worked.

Was interesting to note there was no sound setting for the Alert, just the repeat notification. The mystery night sounds were/are the email sound I had set. Another clue that this might be the cause.

Thanks for the idea.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
You wouln't happen to have FoxyRing installed would you?

I don't think the Alert app is going to be the issue. I get the hiccup noise every now and then too and I had that notification set to never.

vor

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Could be the nighttime battery saver coming off and the phone starting to get mail pushed to it again?

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I've determined that the sound the DX makes is actually NOT the email sound I've assigned. It was similar, but I changed the email sound to be a gong - wildly different now than the little hiccup the DX is making.

Heard both the last time an email came in - first the hiccup, then the gong about a second later. This time, there was an email. At night, there is only the hiccup ... repeatedly at random times. Sometimes 15 minutes apart, sometimes 20, or an hour or ?? Different every time.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000