Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Mac users with a Droid ????

    Wondering how many of us are Mac at home users ?????


    Bob J
  2. #2  

    Default mac here !

    mac here ! i need a new one macbook pro ! mine gets hott as hell
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasjeetsingh View Post
    mac here ! i need a new one macbook pro ! mine gets hott as hell
    Try CoolBook. Seriously the best 10 dollars for my MB Pro. And I've been happily Windows free fro years now (Fedora for the desktop, OSX for the laptop).
  4. #4  

    Default

    Mac user here.

    2.93GHz Core i7 27" iMac, 2.4GHz MacBook and a 64GB 3G iPad.

    I do like the iPhone (sorry, but I do)... but hate hate hate AT&T's service where I live. Especially sucks where I work. Verizon, however, is fantastic here. So Verizon it is.

    Droid 1, Cyanogenmod 6.0 (non-themed) and overclocked to 1GHz.
  5. #5  

    Default

    I have nothing but macs at home for all business stuff. I'm a professional musician/composer and Pro Tools (or Logic) on Mac is the industry standard. I would never get an iPhone, though, even though it would make media syncing easier. AT&T + closed market + locked units = no go. Plus, I am having so much fun tinkering with this Droid X it is ridiculous. Now if only I could move those digital copies of movies you get when you buy Blu-Rays I have in iTunes to my Droid...but alas, they are DRM protected for iTunes only and the Requiem guy hasn't found a way around iTunes 9.2.1...yet.
  6. #6  
    slcbtf's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

    Default

    We've got a iMac at home too. Tally it up!
  7. #7  
    Kupe's Avatar

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,850 Global Posts

    Default

    Macbook x 2 and a Mac mini.
  8. #8  
    seanubis's Avatar

    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    early 2008 aluminum iMac here, using Salling Media Sync to keep everything painlessly in sync with my Droid 1, soon-to-be Droid X
  9. #9  

    Default

    While I don't yet have my Droid X, I have a 13" Macbook Pro and love it. The great graphics and the awesome mouse pad means no more Windows laptops for me - except the clunker at work.

    First Mac after being a Windows dude for 20+ years. (hey, I'm a little slow) Actually, I've been supporting MS servers since NT 3.1 was released and as long as MS exists - I'll have a job.
    Jiggy's sporting a Droid X!

    Ordered 8/6 the first time. Order never happened.
    Re-ordered 8/23. Drop Dead ship date is Sept 7th.
    Notified 9/1 that it's on the way... 9/3 by 7:00pm.
    Delivered 9/3 at 2:43!!
  10. #10  

    Default

    lifelong mac user, at home (macbook pro) and at work.
  11. #11  

    Default

    I currently have a 13" MBP, and have had iMacs since 1999.
    Bicycles, Skateboards, and Gadgets...
  12. #12  
    PremeOne's Avatar

    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

    Default

    MBP x2 here, I've owned and hate the iPhone. I just wish that I could root my Droid X with out flashing back to 2.1 or downloading windows and partitioning it (need windows drivers).
  13. #13  
    jamesc's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

    Default

    I want a MacBook, and I had a droid first. I'm actually posting this on the company iPad
    Go Droid or Go Home!
  14. #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PremeOne View Post
    MBP x2 here, I've owned and hate the iPhone. I just wish that I could root my Droid X with out flashing back to 2.1 or downloading windows and partitioning it (need windows drivers).
    You HAVE to get Linux... especially if you're an Android tinkerer. Linux experience has made playing with the Android system soo much easier.... plus no proprietary motorola drivers for sbf.
  15. #15  

    Default

    Does anyone know if you can use bootcamp to put linux onto a MBP?
    Bicycles, Skateboards, and Gadgets...
  16. #16  
    jdbower's Avatar

    Posts
    750 Posts
    ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

    Default

    I have a MacBook Pro 4,1 for work. I reformatted the drive and run Ubuntu 10.10 on it now - couldn't stand OSX. Does that still count?

    You can dual boot OSX and Linux using rEFIt, or you can install it using VirtualBox for a slightly easier way to try things out. If you want to go whole hog, here's some help for you:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBook
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Droid X (WiFi)/Motorola Droid 2 Global (VZW)
    Motorola 9505A (Iridium)/HP Zeen (WiFi)
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Mac users with a Droid ????

    I have a macbook unibody dual loaded with OSX and Win7. I found using Win7 easier than the OSX but i have not given up on OSX.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Mac users with a Droid ????

    My home computer is a five year old ibook G4. Works great with my Droid X.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Mac users with a Droid ????

    Quote Originally Posted by jdbower View Post
    I have a MacBook Pro 4,1 for work. I reformatted the drive and run Ubuntu 10.10 on it now - couldn't stand OSX. Does that still count?

    You can dual boot OSX and Linux using rEFIt, or you can install it using VirtualBox for a slightly easier way to try things out. If you want to go whole hog, here's some help for you:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBook
    Ubuntu? Fedora all the way.
    Fission 1.1t4 X - Rooted Overclocked/Undervolted
  20. #20  
    jdbower's Avatar

    Posts
    750 Posts
    ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Poblano View Post
    Ubuntu? Fedora all the way.
    Uh oh, another religious war! To be honest I'm more of an old-school Slackware fan but I've moved to Ubuntu because they have it deployed at work. Fedora's not bad, but I'd be too tempted to have to deal with Fedora for desktops and then CentOS for my servers. I guess not much worse than Ubuntu desktop and Ubuntu server except both are from Canonical while Fedora is RedHat and CentOS is only a RedHet clone. So far I've been pleased with the Ubuntu community support (even if I'm not too keen on their fixed six-month upgrade cycle whether it's stable or not - luckily my servers will probably stay on 10.04 until the next LTS release).
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Droid X (WiFi)/Motorola Droid 2 Global (VZW)
    Motorola 9505A (Iridium)/HP Zeen (WiFi)
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdbower View Post
    Uh oh, another religious war! To be honest I'm more of an old-school Slackware fan but I've moved to Ubuntu because they have it deployed at work. Fedora's not bad, but I'd be too tempted to have to deal with Fedora for desktops and then CentOS for my servers. I guess not much worse than Ubuntu desktop and Ubuntu server except both are from Canonical while Fedora is RedHat and CentOS is only a RedHet clone. So far I've been pleased with the Ubuntu community support (even if I'm not too keen on their fixed six-month upgrade cycle whether it's stable or not - luckily my servers will probably stay on 10.04 until the next LTS release).
    +1 to you, sir! Slackware is pretty impressive, but rather daunting from all the stories I've heard. Really all I have to say is that Linux (any distro) is better than the Great Satan Microsoft. And plus, with a little time it seems my desktop from any distro ends up almost identical.
  22. #22  

    Default

    Mac user at home, same for the rest of my family. Need it for my editing with Final Cut. Droid X works great with Mac and DoubleTwist.
  23. #23  

    Default

    Many Macs at home and MacBook Pro at work. I'm an IT Architect at a well known financial company and once we had the Mac option most of the architects switched right away. Same at Motorola, Oracle, Cisco, and other companies I have consulted with. I've been issued Dell's, HP's, and Thinkpads in years past. Lenovo does not make as good a Thinkpad as iBM did and Dells suck. The HP business laptops are good though. I run VMWare when I need to use Windoze, Linux or any other OS. Stable, fast, makes great use of processor and ram. The best Unix with the best interface and app selection. You can't go wrong. Since this is the Droid X forum I will emphasize that Macs are VERY popular at Motorola. So were iPhones but now most people are issued Droids and personal iPhones are frowned upon.
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thisisbenji View Post
    Does anyone know if you can use bootcamp to put linux onto a MBP?
    Yes you can. Google it. Or you could use VirtualBox (free) and run it in a virtual partition.
  25. #25  
    MRP2008's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

    Default

    17" MacBook Pro for Home and Quad Core Mac Pro for work!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions