I need to downgrade back to 2.1!!!

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Well it seems that verizon has announced that they won't update the leaked 2.2 users to the official 2.2, so cna anyone tell me how to downgrade from the leaked 2.2 to 2.1? I'm not rooted btw.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Nope, not a big deal at all. I just did it. The only hard part was re installing 172 apps through appbrain...

Appbrain is nice but I just use MyBackup Pro, to restore apps all you have to do is place check next to every app you want to restore and then hit restore, all my apps are usually reinstalled in a matter of minutes.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Help. My RSD Lite is not seeing the SBF file. My phone is connected to my computer in bootloader mode and I don't know what to do next.

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
So u wont get the update if u Downloaded the leak? So can Verizon tell if u got the leak or not? And another question can Verizon tell the differences between a leaked update and a real one?

pyroelite

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Screw stock without root... But Get rsd lite 4.7 + patch for 2.1 stock and don't forget to move su file from bin to xbin folder in the system folder with root explorer before applying 2.2 leaked update to maintain root...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Help. My RSD Lite is not seeing the SBF file. My phone is connected to my computer in bootloader mode and I don't know what to do next.
Rename the file to "vzw.sbf" (minus the quotes) and place it on the root of the C: drive. If memory serves, that's all I had to do to get going. I saved the full guide I found on my laptop, I'll edit this post with the full info when I get home from work in the morning.

EDIT: Or, i'll find the link. AndroidForums

Nope, not a big deal at all. I just did it. The only hard part was re installing 172 apps through appbrain...

Titanium Backup paid edition FTW. Batch operations reinstalled all apps plus data for me. only thing that sucked was when I forgot to backup aCar.

mosarmini

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Screw stock without root... But Get rsd lite 4.7 + patch for 2.1 stock and don't forget to move su file from bin to xbin folder in the system folder with root explorer before applying 2.2 leaked update to maintain root...

Hmmm, but if I don't get official 2.2 update wouldn't that be bad? I apologize as I'm not too familiar with rooting and whatnot.

dukeslb56

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Titanium Backup paid edition FTW. Batch operations reinstalled all apps plus data for me. only thing that sucked was when I forgot to backup aCar.

Just a word of caution. I could only restore my apps only last night when I flashed back to 2.1. Whenever I did apps + data, my phone would be buggy and get stuck in a boot loop if I turned it off and on.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Can't we just wait for some one to take the final build when it's out and make it to a zip and install that way to official. Thats what I did on droid from 2.0 to 2.1. Moto is just mad and trying to get people not to enjoy their phone.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Just a word of caution. I could only restore my apps only last night when I flashed back to 2.1. Whenever I did apps + data, my phone would be buggy and get stuck in a boot loop if I turned it off and on.

Did you back up the system apps too? Trying to restore eclair system apps into froyo could have caused you problems. I only back up user apps. I lose my speed dials, but that's about all I have noticed

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

droidxmac

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Downgrade with MBP

Appbrain is nice but I just use MyBackup Pro, to restore apps all you have to do is place check next to every app you want to restore and then hit restore, all my apps are usually reinstalled in a matter of minutes.

Hey Wildman,

I have a MBP and read that you could only downgrade the X with a PC. How do you downgrade it, especially so that I save all my apps. (I'm not rooted, I just have the leaked updated).

Thanks