Delay on 2.2

condr67

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I know I am not the only one who is frustrated with this and I know that some of the responses are going to be...."we will get it when we get it". But it really stinks to see everyone of these phones get the update and the X gets delayed for weeks because Motorola did not make enough, I was lucky enough to get one quickly. Then Motorola takes their sweet time putting out the upgrade that to be honest should have arrived with the phone. They had enough time. If the Droid 2 came with the upgrade and the X are basically the same phone why is the upgrade taking so long?

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, in all fairness they did claim "late summer" from the moment the phone was launched. Late summer falls as Sept 1-Sept 22, so they're still on time.

Is it fun having to wait for it when basically every other high end Android phone has it already? No not one bit. But the files are out there if you want a little taste of 2.2 now, and you have the ability to flash back to 2.1 at will. If you don't want to take the risk, well sadly then you'll just have to sit tight for a few more weeks. It is what it is.

orion.2ktc

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
What I'm concerned with is if the boot loader is locked, are we going to have to wait until the OTA update comes out for everyone instead of a manual DL and update?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I was told by verizon that the 2.2 is delayed due to the fact that Motorola is adding fixes for the freeze ups and rebooting issues. From what I understand their will be several fixes including the speaker volume.

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
I was told by verizon that the 2.2 is delayed due to the fact that Motorola is adding fixes for the freeze ups and rebooting issues. From what I understand their will be several fixes including the speaker volume.
IMO, that is worth the wait.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca