Droid X body creaking

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Never noticed this until today, not really liking this...

to the right of the lock button, opposite the 3.5mm jack, the plastic seems to creak when you press it. then, when you press the area next to the earpiece, it creaks there as well. now, every time i unlock my phone, i hear this sound and its driving me crazy. am i going crazy over nothing, or is this a common problem?

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I just tried.mine and it didn't creak.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I love this phone, but that was the push for me to get a warranty replacement. My front buttons are incredibly loose, more so than demo units at the verizon location, and now the creaking started. I baby my phones, so for it to start creaking really bothered me.

I should be expecting my package no later than Thursday. All Droid X replacements are shipping out within 24 hours with overnight shipping.

Argh.

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
I love this phone, but that was the push for me to get a warranty replacement. My front buttons are incredibly loose, more so than demo units at the verizon location, and now the creaking started. I baby my phones, so for it to start creaking really bothered me.

I should be expecting my package no later than Thursday. All Droid X replacements are shipping out within 24 hours with overnight shipping.

Argh.
Hopefully it was just an isolated incident. I think that if it was common, we would be hearing.more if it. I can say that mine feels really solid so hopefully your replacement will aa well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I know how you feel OP. Thankfully mine doesn't creak or make any noises, but if it did I'm sure in my OCD I'd lose my mind. I too baby my phone so this must be driving you mad :(

I believe this was an isolated incident and your new one should be good as gold. Not sure if I should say this, but....

My opinion on these replacement phones is sorta iffy. I'd rather live with my brand new phone that creaks, than trade it for a refurbished/used one that doesn't. There's something about getting used parts that erks me more than anything...

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I know how you feel OP. Thankfully mine doesn't creak or make any noises, but if it did I'm sure in my OCD I'd lose my mind. I too baby my phone so this must be driving you mad :(

I believe this was an isolated incident and your new one should be good as gold. Not sure if I should say this, but....

My opinion on these replacement phones is sorta iffy. I'd rather live with my brand new phone that creaks, than trade it for a refurbished/used one that doesn't. There's something about getting used parts that erks me more than anything...

I completely agree with you, but for right now, I know the phone is too new to being seeing refurbs already in rotation. I am 95% positive I'll get a new phone, and hell, if it isn't 100% up to what I expect, i'll call back and order another one.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No creakage here either, and I have to add, I wouldn't be so sure about getting a NEW phone. I have heard of some people getting refurbs now.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I completely agree with you, but for right now, I know the phone is too new to being seeing refurbs already in rotation. I am 95% positive I'll get a new phone, and hell, if it isn't 100% up to what I expect, i'll call back and order another one.

They do seem to be sending out refub units because the insurance company handles the claim, and as for phone being too new for refurbs being in rotation, look at the number of individuals have sent device back for the volume issue alone... They told me when I called about the volume issue when I first noticed it that they would be sending me a refurb phone from the insurance company to replace the original device, so I decided to kept my original device and decided to wait for update.

Last edited:

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
They do seem to be sending out refub units because the insurance company handles the claim, and as for phone being too new for refurbs being in rotation, look at the number of individuals have sent device back for the volume issue alone... They told me when I called about the volume issue when I first noticed it that they would be sending me a refurb phone from the insurance company to replace the original device, so I decided to kept my original device and decided to wait for update.

ill check the esn when i get it to see if it was ever activated to another account

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
No creakage here either, and I have to add, I wouldn't be so sure about getting a NEW phone. I have heard of some people getting refurbs now.

Here's a conversation I had:

VZW Rep - "Oh the phone hasn't been out long enough for any recertified like-new devices.You 'll get a new phone."

Me - "Cool. So it will be a brand new phone in new packaging like I got on launch day?"

VZW Rep - "It may not necessarily be in new packaging."

Me - "How would I get a new phone in packaging other than what they come in new? Motorola builds phones and then puts them in separate, plain packaging? A new phone in like-new packaging?"

VZW Rep - "Umm...Yes."

Me - "God, I miss AT&T."

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Here's a conversation I had:

VZW Rep - "Oh the phone hasn't been out long enough for any recertified like-new devices.You 'll get a new phone."

Me - "Cool. So it will be a brand new phone in new packaging like I got on launch day?"

VZW Rep - "It may not necessarily be in new packaging."

Me - "How would I get a new phone in packaging other than what they come in new? Motorola builds phones and then puts them in separate, plain packaging? A new phone in like-new packaging?"

VZW Rep - "Umm...Yes."

Me - "God, I miss AT&T."

got mine today...brand new X...still had the original moto screen protector than the "certified like new" one.

i even ran it through vzw and it has never been activated to another line

feels EXTREMELY solid, and the buttons on the front are solid as a rock...definitely happy