Certified Pre-Owned DX on vzw.com- Get 'em while they're hot

anon(40324)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
not showing out of stock at the moment...

I didn't seem them as out of stock either. So I ordered one. Hopefully be here by the weekend! $150 - my $100 plan credit = $50 DX. Pretty sweet! Free overnight shipping and internet rebate instead of mail-in rebate, too! As long as nothing is wrong with the phone and I get it in two days and not two weeks, I'll be set. And I'll be feeling like I somehow beat the system...

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I didn't seem them as out of stock either. So I ordered one. Hopefully be here by the weekend! $150 - my $100 plan credit = $50 DX. Pretty sweet! Free overnight shipping and internet rebate instead of mail-in rebate, too! As long as nothing is wrong with the phone and I get it in two days and not two weeks, I'll be set. And I'll be feeling like I somehow beat the system...

congrats to you, sir. when you get it, could you post what's included? (retail box/plain white box, accessories, condition. etc)

anon(40324)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
congrats to you, sir. when you get it, could you post what's included? (retail box/plain white box, accessories, condition. etc)

I will make sure to do that. There is some info on the VZW Certified Pre-Owned site, and I think it mentions what comes with the phone. From what I remember, it was everything that came with a normal, new phone. I'll check when I get it.
WHICH will hopefully be tomorrow. They didn't show "Out of Stock" on the Certified Pre-Owned DX image when I ordered it at 7:45 AM CMT today. It's possible (and likely, for that matter) that once word got out that DXs were available for less money and less waiting that they got snatched up very quickly. Hopefully I got in before they ran out! XD

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Seems they are out of stock now. If it were me, I would want a brand new one, since the price doesn't seem like much of a discount, but that's just me.

smoke5643

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I order mine last night around 10pm and it shipped around 10am this morning. My buddy ordered his this morning and it shipped also. I dont think they are out of stock yet. As to buying a pre-owned phone, it has been refurbished to factory new so whats the difference? $50 is the difference and for an amazing phone while on a tight budget its perfect.

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I think the out of stock thing depends on your area or something because it asks for your location and it's out of stock for certain people, including me.

anon(40324)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just activated my new Certified Pre-Owned DX. For all intents and purposes, it's exactly the same as new. No cosmetic scratches, functionality is perfect so far, and only $50! I would go so far as to say the CPO phones are just as good as the new ones and I would gladly order one again!

I can post more about it if people are interested, including pictures, etc., but it's really the same as a new phone...

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip but would not be right for me. I ordered my DX early August on a 1 yr contract for $229.99. Just checked CPO 1 yr price and it's $219.99. With technology changing so quickly I now only do 1 yr contracts.

I'm getting ready to potentially order one for my daughter (1 yr contract). For me the additional $10.00 saving is not enough to get her a used phone.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
idk about the pre-owned X's. if they are anything like the droid replacements that people keep getting in the droid section, im not too confident that it would be in the best condition. i know the droid's are refurbished and these are certified pre-owned but refurbished should be almost brand new looking and working. i guess its just somthing to keep in the back of your head

smoke5643

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I also activated my CPO Droid X today. Coming from a DInc I will say that it is really no better or worse overall. I think it has more overall potential if the OS utilizes the hardware. I like the bigger screen and the difference in phone navigation. Dont get me wrong I love Sense but it just got dull and boring after a while. My only gripe and it is a BIG one is that the speaker is HORRIBLE! I mean half the volume of my D1 or DInc. Does anyone know if an update is able to fix this problem or is it solely the speaker. If it is unfixable I will be exchanging it for a Fascinate (if it is "all that") or returning to my still amazing DInc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie