Is my X finished charging (the phone is off)?

jldeitch

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to the Moto Droid family, having just received an X. That said, I'm very familiar with Android, having used an Eris on both stock HTC software and on the KaosFroyo ROM (great piece of software, that).

When turned off and plugged in to charge, the Eris had a light that lit red when charging and green when finished. My X lights up the screen, showing a battery and the percentage discharged. Then the screen turns off. As far as I can tell, there's no way to know when the charge is complete, short of turning on the phone.

I've got to be missing something simple here. How do I know that charging is complete, when the phone is turned off and plugged in?

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there is a way.

I've had no lights at all that had anything to do with charging on my X.

EDIT: Scratch that, I just tried this and after it times out on the battery charging screen and goes blank, hit the volume rocker or the standby (power on/off) button quickly or the camera button and it'll bring the battery screen back up.

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to the Moto Droid family, having just received an X. That said, I'm very familiar with Android, having used an Eris on both stock HTC software and on the KaosFroyo ROM (great piece of software, that).

When turned off and plugged in to charge, the Eris had a light that lit red when charging and green when finished. My X lights up the screen, showing a battery and the percentage discharged. Then the screen turns off. As far as I can tell, there's no way to know when the charge is complete, short of turning on the phone.

I've got to be missing something simple here. How do I know that charging is complete, when the phone is turned off and plugged in?

Yeah there are no lights as it charges with the phone off. The way I do is to bump the power on button just like you do to wake up your screen when you screen goes to sleep.

That will cause the battery picture to show again just as it did when you saw when you pluged your phone it to charge it as you mentioned.

Last edited: