One giant leap for Smartphones, one huge MISS for Motorola....

smoke5643

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
just to do a test because you know you can flash it back to stock 2.1, you should put the leaked 2.2 on your droid x to see if how loud it goes is more in line with what you are expecting. I dont think it will be any louder then it is on the 2.2 leak so you will know if that is loud enough for you.

Good idea ive never done the leak on android just on blackberry back in the day. Hope I dont mess the phone up or get my hand smacked by motorola..lol

theanswer3

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Good idea ive never done the leak on android just on blackberry back in the day. Hope I dont mess the phone up or get my hand smacked by motorola..lol

You can easily reflash back to the old 2.1. I have done it quite a few times already testing differences between the 2 builds. It is pretty straightforward.

paulinbna

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Well how loud the volume is, is pretty much subjective. one person will think it is loud enough and others will say they can hardly hear it.

At home my volume is about the right volume(almost to loud) but when I am at work where I unload trucks with a forklift it is not load at all. I have a friend that had a dinc and it is noticeably louder then then the DX.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
At home my volume is about the right volume(almost to loud) but when I am at work where I unload trucks with a forklift it is not load at all. I have a friend that had a dinc and it is noticeably louder then then the DX.

Don't put it near a Samsung Galaxy S phone, i have a friend that has the T-Mobile version and I can say that phone is ridicules loud, I loaded NOVA game on his and the narration of game was sooooo loud I couldn't believe it was only a quarter of the way up compared to my Droid X being maxed out. Almost made me want to jack him for his speaker... Phone didnt impress me enough to take the whole thing.:);)

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site

My dinc was louder than my x, but i guess that's supposed to be fixed with the 2.2 update

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Not disagreeing, clearly the things that bother you are real and tangible. Whether one can live with the issues of course becomes a matter of choice. Personally I am OK with the speaker deal (always on vibe). This is the first DX so I am thinking the update will help but even cooler is that we all know they are already working on a DX2...woo hoo!!!!

jrmvideo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
My DX is very loud

I have a Droid X with 2.2. Came that way from Verizon. I actually have to put a piece of tape over the speaker to mute it. It's very loud when it announces an incoming call and unfortunately I can't turn the volume down or mute the function. Also the speakerphone is awesome. Loud clear and the caller can hear me as if I was talking directly into the phone. My only complaint is a non searchable recent call list. I had this feature on my Storm 2 and I miss it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan