1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Default Contact linking naming issue

How do I change the default name on a contact? The reason I ask is because with my girlfriend I had her name set as Becki but it keeps going to her Facebook name Rebecca. But my Mom who I have set as Mom and I also linked just like I did with my girlfriends, doesn't go to her full name as listed on Facebook.

Any idea why this is? Thanks

Did you link the facebook contact with the goggle contact? Or did you select the goggle contact with the name becki and link the facebook contact that way? I've noticed doing it different ways will come up with different results.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Default Re: Contact linking naming issue

I'm curious about this too. There was one name I could not get to what I wanted, no matter how I linked it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I noticed this last night, a contact linked with Twitter changed to his twitter nickname and would not let me change his picture. I fixed it by getting a better twitter app, didn't want the twitter contacts linked anyway.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

I did select Becki and link it to Rebecca, which is the same thing I did with Mom to her Facebook which in the case of Mom worked fine. But I also thought that maybe the linking process had something to do with it. So I tried unlinking Becki and Rebecca and relinking them in reverse, as going to Rebecca and linking to Becki and again no change. It just seems odd and what I am also curious about is what does Android use to determine a contacts name?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

Oh and lastly, I did just get the phone Thursday and downloaded my contacts from Google which I had synced to my Blackberry. But I did have to link the contacts like I mentioned above on the droid as the linking didn't carry over from the Blackberry to Google to Droid. I don't have any contact apps other then whatever the droid came with out of the box.

Default Re: Contact linking naming issue

I have this same problem, but with Twitter. My Facebook contacts link properly. Once I link to their Twitter, it shows their Twitter name in my contacts list, and nothing seems to fix it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Smartphone Journey Thus Far: BB Storm 1 >> BB Storm 2 >> Moto Droid 1 >> Moto Droid X >> HTC Thunderbolt>>Samsung Galaxy Nexus

The contacts system on this phone is a big mess. I keep hoping someone comes up with an App to replace the Moto contacts app.
    Storm 1 ----> Droid X