Intalling leak 2.2 on the X
Ok guys. I have been reading and searching for about an hour now and havent been able to find any of these answers that made complete sense so i will ask.
1. Do i have to root to install the leaked 2.2?
2. If I do any suggestions on threads to show me how step by step?
3. If not how do I go about installing the leak?
Sorry to be such a noob I am knowledgeable with android just not rooting or installing leaks (maybe that means I'm not as knowledgeable as I think....)
Thanks in advance for the help. I really want to see if 2.2 is going to fix the volume issue for me!
Also, how hard is it to get back to 2.1 so I will get the OTA for sure?
- 09-04-2010, 09:38 PM #2
You do not have to have root to install the leaked 2.2, but once you install it you can not, at this time, root your phone. If you don't ever want to root then feel free to update without root.
As for part two i would suggest looking in the rooting/custom rom subforum of the droid x forums.
- 09-04-2010, 09:38 PM #3
- 1,054 Posts
Sure I can answer them for you:
1. No you do not need to be rooted, although I suggest rooting anyways. By installing the leaked 2.2 you are already "technically" voiding your warranty, so it doesn't really make a difference for that matter.
2. Yes follow the instructions on this page: http://rootzwiki.com/index.php/Smart...X/Droid-X.html
3. I still recommend you root first, because once you install 2.2 there is no way to root from within, so you must be rooted before installing. But to install 2.2 simply follow the instructions at the page I linked to above.
2.2 sadly doesn't seem to fix my volume issuesSamsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon
Cyanogen Mod 10.1 Nightlies
- 09-04-2010, 11:27 PM #4
I'm a newbie, and I installed the leaked 2.2 pretty easily. I went back to 2.1, though, in order to make sure I get the official update when it comes out. Installing the leaked 2.2 is pretty painless; going back to 2.1 is a little trickier. You do not have to be rooted (mine is not).
Just as an aside, 2.2 did fix my volume issues. Of course, the sound sucks again now that I'm back on 2.1.
- 09-05-2010, 12:39 AM #5
- 09-05-2010, 01:24 AM #6