Data Connection Issues

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
I am now on my 3rd X and I'm trying be patient but I'm losing faith. This phone and the one it replaced are losing its data connection and I have to reboot the phone to get it to work. I've lost my data connection 4 times this morning alone. It shows 4 bars and 3g but just wont connect to anything...Facebook, web, Tapatalk, etc. I tried doing some research and some have said that switching the battery manager to performance helps so I am going to try that and see how it does. It seems that it may be a common problem especially if I've had 2 with the issue so maybe there is hope that Froyo will help. Is anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
So you're experiencing the same data connection issues even with the battery mode in Performance?

If so, then I frankly don't know what the problem could be. You say you have 4 bars for 3G? Very odd...

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
It's annoying at best. The part that really sucks is I live everything else about this phone and want it to work for me but this is getting really old. Im thinking if the Froyo release doesn't have a fix for it in there I will be selling the X on Ebay and purchasing an Incredible.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My phone tends to stop displaying 3G when idle. It will only show the signal strength. It does not update properly when this happens. For example, SportsTap doesn't give me updates. As soon I awaken the phone the 3G appears and I get my notifications.

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
So you're experiencing the same data connection issues even with the battery mode in Performance?

If so, then I frankly don't know what the problem could be. You say you have 4 bars for 3G? Very odd...
I just put it in performance mode about an hour ago so Im not sure yet how it is doing. By looking at the phone I SHOULD have data but it just wont connect.

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
My phone tends to stop displaying 3G when idle. It will only show the signal strength. It does not update properly when this happens. For example, SportsTap doesn't give me updates. As soon I awaken the phone the 3G appears and I get my notifications.
I wish that was what was happening with mine. I can be using data one minute and the next it wont connect. It's pretty random.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've never seen this myself, but I have used performance mode since day 1. Also, please list any 3rd party apps you've installed.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for making you list all of those. None of them raise any red flags. I wonder if it has anything to do with the market you are in. Is Michigan an old Alltel market? I remember a similar issue with the Touch Pro 2, but it seemed erratic and affected people more than others based on their location.

katrina2475

Apr 12, 2010
ksanchez.scentsy.us
Sorry for making you list all of those. None of them raise any red flags. I wonder if it has anything to do with the market you are in. Is Michigan an old Alltel market? I remember a similar issue with the Touch Pro 2, but it seemed erratic and affected people more than others based on their location.
I appreciate you taking a look at it to see if anything jumped out you as the culprit. I don't think we've ever had Alltel around here but I could be wrong. I just switched to Verizon from Sprint when I got my X.
I guess Im going to have to take the phone in to Verizon and see what they say. Maybe I will do hard reset first just to get that out of the way.