Launcher Pro Plus

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for payment to be processed. I deleted my old home screens. I'm anxious to get my widgets sized properly again.

Love the speed of Launcher Pro. Why can't Moto make the phone this fast out of the box or with a patch?

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm waiting for payment to be processed. I deleted my old home screens. I'm anxious to get my widgets sized properly again.

Love the speed of Launcher Pro. Why can't Moto make the phone this fast out of the box or with a patch?

thats what im saying! i cant believe how fast and smooth it is. Its very similar to my Dinc (sense ui) but its 100x's better than sense and 1000x's better than blur (aka blah).

motorola needs to hire this guy full time :p

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
yes it does... try the free version and you'll see the difference. you'll need home switcher installed too.

Indeed. It's amazing how much smoother everything is... scrolling, launching the app drawer. Plus, I was able to condense my info to 5 screens from 7 because you can have 5 rows of icons instead of the default 4.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Indeed. It's amazing how much smoother everything is... scrolling, launching the app drawer. Plus, I was able to condense my info to 5 screens from 7 because you can have 5 rows of icons instead of the default 4.

Check out multicon... you'll probably cut it down even further

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't really think that you need Home Switcher, because LauncherPro shows up no matter if you have Blur set as default or not.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
the widgets are the biggest. also the ability to resize widgets i think might be a + feature only.

moto needs to realize they are not a software company and either hire some of these amazing devs or just give up and leave us with vanilla android and just throw their widgets in there for us to choose to use them.

i'm fairly certain their above average hardware build quality / design will move the phones for them, noone cares about blur really.

SouthernSaltine

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
LPP is GREAT!!.. the free ver. is nice and i could have just lived with that, as i use the default contacts icons widget for my home screen as well as the calender. Although i might have to start using the LPP ones.. I really love the scrollable contacts widget and the calender.. I bought the PLUS ver. just to support the DEV. $2.99 is well worth it to support such a great app (Launcher). Big ups to LPP!! Cant wait to see what else they can do to it..
EDIT::: Oh and a side note to the people that say "well i can re-size widgets free with the stock launcher on the X" Well yes & NO.. You can re-size most of the widgets with the stock launcher but NOT ALL.. WITH LPP YOU CAN RESIZE ALL WIDGETS!!!! Just FYI to the people that don't know that..

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just added it this am , purchased the pro plus after I downloaded the free one from the market, lots more customizing avail. now :)

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I've used LPP before on my D Inc but felt a little uneasy with it. During the install, reading what access it would need on my phone, made me shy away from installing it on my X. It wants full read / write access to my SMS, MMS and Gmail, full internet access, full access to my Browser history, favorites, read/write contact data, directly call numbers and they want your first born.....ok...I just threw that one in, they don't really want your first born.

I installed ADW and it works awesome and the ONLY thing it wants is full internet access and nothing more.

I'm not saying that the developer of LPP is doing anything on the back end like getting copies of your SMS or MMS messages and so on, but I don't feel comfortable with knowing what access it has.

Before you go into why it needs the access it requests I already know why. It needs at least read access to display the unread message count on the bottom launcher bar.

That is just my opinion.

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've used LPP before on my D Inc but felt a little uneasy with it. During the install, reading what access it would need on my phone, made me shy away from installing it on my X. It wants full read / write access to my SMS, MMS and Gmail, full internet access, full access to my Browser history, favorites, read/write contact data, directly call numbers and they want your first born.....ok...I just threw that one in, they don't really want your first born.

I installed ADW and it works awesome and the ONLY thing it wants is full internet access and nothing more.

I'm not saying that the developer of LPP is doing anything on the back end like getting copies of your SMS or MMS messages and so on, but I don't feel comfortable with knowing what access it has.

Before you go into why it needs the access it requests I already know why. It needs at least read access to display the unread message count on the bottom launcher bar.

That is just my opinion.

I'm usually leery of these things as well. I figured that the access was required for the dock buttons in LP. I'm not worried about it.

droidX1991

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a problem. On my normal stock launcher, whenever i press the home button, it switches automatically to LP. is there anything i can do to stop this?

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a problem. On my normal stock launcher, whenever i press the home button, it switches automatically to LP. is there anything i can do to stop this?

You may have LP set as your default. Go to Home Switcher and change the default if you want to use the stock launcher.

mp0890

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

That is just my opinion.

all of that is for the widgets...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463