Launcher Pro Plus

droidX1991

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So I have two questions.

1. Which do you guys prefer, LP or ADW Launcher? Both seem pretty nice to me, but I want the best for my X.

2. If I purchase LP+, and some how my DX is acting up and I have to replace it with a like new device, would I have to purchase it again online?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
1. i like LP+, partly because it's an excellent app with great support and new features being added, and partly because when they were both new, i liked it more (for some arbitrary reason at that point) and now i'm used to it and am very satisfied.

2. apps are linked to your google account, not your phone, so once you sign into your new phone, all paid apps will show up and are available to download again for free.

DThomp

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I use LP+ and like it alot. When you pay for the + Fede will send you an email with your key, then in the menu of lp+ at the bottom it says unlock +features.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
You can't buy LPP in the market. You have to use paypal, took me a week before I was able to get a key. Knocked a star off of the rating for it.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
You can't buy LPP in the market. You have to use paypal, took me a week before I was able to get a key. Knocked a star off of the rating for it.

That's not the Devs fault...Android Marketplace simply won't let his country collect payments via their market. He had to go around it with paypal. A week is a little long though...mine took like 5 min.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
That's not the Devs fault...Android Marketplace simply won't let his country collect payments via their market. He had to go around it with paypal. A week is a little long though...mine took like 5 min.
I didn't know that. Wish it was explained during the process somewhere. To me if felt like the dev was trying to evade google's 30% commission at the cost of inconveniencing potential buyers. I so rarely use paypal that it took that long to transfer money from my checking account, add a weekend to the mix and it was a long annoying week. Anyway thanks for the clarification, I'll go put my star back :cool:

salanester

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
1. i like LP+, partly because it's an excellent app with great support and new features being added, and partly because when they were both new, i liked it more (for some arbitrary reason at that point) and now i'm used to it and am very satisfied.

I feel the exact same; I started using it and now when I test out a different one I just don't see enough to make the switch permanent.

I upgraded to the plus version and don't regret it since I think the app is great without the new widgets, but I haven't found them all that great. If you are someone who wants a very clean and uniform look on your phone they will be good. I've just found the functionality of them lacking a little bit...of course that could change. It is still a great home replacement though.

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I've got both and I switch back and forth between the two. There is a handy little free app called Home Switcher, that allows to easily switch between launchers.

There's some things that ADW does that I really like and some things that LP+ does that I really like. I couldn't say one is better. Try them both as they're both free. The pay portion for LP adds some extra features, but you can get a feel for it with the free version.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I personally liked ADW better at first, just because of the themes, but the Launcher Pro is a much less glitchy program in my opinion, so I bought the plus version and it is by far the best one, its cleaner looking and has some really cool features like sliding the dock bar left and right for two more launch bars, and you can hide all those bloatware apps from the app drawer.

matrix2004

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I had ADW for months. Before that i had Launcher pro but didn't really like it. So i thought i would try it again to see what upgrades they made. I was shocked to see how much it improved and surpassed ADW. Its no contest. Launcher Pro Plus is the top dog.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
no warranty issues. it's just an app.

i was pretty impressed with the fluidity of the LP+ widgets, i only use the calendar one, but it scrolls so smoothly, and switches between grid and agenda view really well.

messaging if you're using stock is called "text messaging"

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
How can I disable LP or switch between launchers? I want to note my current screen configurations.

Edit: You lose the basic widget resizing capabilities that were part of the X. Now you have to pay to do so. That's weak.

Last edited:

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
How can I disable LP or switch between launchers? I want to note my current screen configurations.

Edit: You lose the basic widget resizing capabilities that were part of the X. Now you have to pay to do so. That's weak.

1: Use the app "home switcher". Just make sure to delete everything from your stock home screens afterward, so the widgets aren't using up power by updating where you can't see them.

2: it's worth the money. Just saying.