Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Launcher Pro Plus

So I have two questions.

1. Which do you guys prefer, LP or ADW Launcher? Both seem pretty nice to me, but I want the best for my X.

2. If I purchase LP+, and some how my DX is acting up and I have to replace it with a like new device, would I have to purchase it again online?

1. i like LP+, partly because it's an excellent app with great support and new features being added, and partly because when they were both new, i liked it more (for some arbitrary reason at that point) and now i'm used to it and am very satisfied.

2. apps are linked to your google account, not your phone, so once you sign into your new phone, all paid apps will show up and are available to download again for free.

Default Re: Launcher Pro Plus

I use LP+ and like it alot. When you pay for the + Fede will send you an email with your key, then in the menu of lp+ at the bottom it says unlock +features.
    A 9mm MIGHT EXPAND, HOWEVER
    A .45 WILL NEVER GET SMALLER

Droid X came with 2.2 (replacement, major brain fart),
    Fission 2.2.2 w/ Blackout v5, Lucid, keyboard inspired by Myn's Warm 2.2
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Also, when i try to change shortcut for the dock, i cant find the messaging shortcut!! any help please??

You can't buy LPP in the market. You have to use paypal, took me a week before I was able to get a key. Knocked a star off of the rating for it.

Quote Originally Posted by roberte1342 View Post
    You can't buy LPP in the market. You have to use paypal, took me a week before I was able to get a key. Knocked a star off of the rating for it.
    That's not the Devs fault...Android Marketplace simply won't let his country collect payments via their market. He had to go around it with paypal. A week is a little long though...mine took like 5 min.

Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post
    That's not the Devs fault...Android Marketplace simply won't let his country collect payments via their market. He had to go around it with paypal. A week is a little long though...mine took like 5 min.
    I didn't know that. Wish it was explained during the process somewhere. To me if felt like the dev was trying to evade google's 30% commission at the cost of inconveniencing potential buyers. I so rarely use paypal that it took that long to transfer money from my checking account, add a weekend to the mix and it was a long annoying week. Anyway thanks for the clarification, I'll go put my star back

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Change too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Adiliyo View Post
    1. i like LP+, partly because it's an excellent app with great support and new features being added, and partly because when they were both new, i liked it more (for some arbitrary reason at that point) and now i'm used to it and am very satisfied.
    I feel the exact same; I started using it and now when I test out a different one I just don't see enough to make the switch permanent.

I upgraded to the plus version and don't regret it since I think the app is great without the new widgets, but I haven't found them all that great. If you are someone who wants a very clean and uniform look on your phone they will be good. I've just found the functionality of them lacking a little bit...of course that could change. It is still a great home replacement though.
    Semper Fi; Go Bears; Go Gators

I've got both and I switch back and forth between the two. There is a handy little free app called Home Switcher, that allows to easily switch between launchers.

There's some things that ADW does that I really like and some things that LP+ does that I really like. I couldn't say one is better. Try them both as they're both free. The pay portion for LP adds some extra features, but you can get a feel for it with the free version.
    MacGyver Wannabe

Does installing either app void your warranty in any way?

ROM
    Swapping them all out

Nope, installing does not, just an app.

ROM
    Swapping them all out

I personally liked ADW better at first, just because of the themes, but the Launcher Pro is a much less glitchy program in my opinion, so I bought the plus version and it is by far the best one, its cleaner looking and has some really cool features like sliding the dock bar left and right for two more launch bars, and you can hide all those bloatware apps from the app drawer.

I had ADW for months. Before that i had Launcher pro but didn't really like it. So i thought i would try it again to see what upgrades they made. I was shocked to see how much it improved and surpassed ADW. Its no contest. Launcher Pro Plus is the top dog.
    GOOGLE Talk name: matrix.underworld add me if you dare

no warranty issues. it's just an app.

i was pretty impressed with the fluidity of the LP+ widgets, i only use the calendar one, but it scrolls so smoothly, and switches between grid and agenda view really well.

messaging if you're using stock is called "text messaging"
    MacGyver Wannabe

How can I disable LP or switch between launchers? I want to note my current screen configurations.

Edit: You lose the basic widget resizing capabilities that were part of the X. Now you have to pay to do so. That's weak.

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by WAldenIV View Post
    How can I disable LP or switch between launchers? I want to note my current screen configurations.

Edit: You lose the basic widget resizing capabilities that were part of the X. Now you have to pay to do so. That's weak.
    1: Use the app "home switcher". Just make sure to delete everything from your stock home screens afterward, so the widgets aren't using up power by updating where you can't see them.

2: it's worth the money. Just saying.
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

im sold on LP+

i cant find laucher pro in the market at all.

never mind i found it when i searched for home switcher. but it wouldnt show up searching as launcher pro or launcherpro

i just bought launcher pro plus and all i can say is WOW!!!
    this is how the X should be straight out the BOX!
    MacGyver Wannabe

I'm waiting for payment to be processed. I deleted my old home screens. I'm anxious to get my widgets sized properly again.

Love the speed of Launcher Pro. Why can't Moto make the phone this fast out of the box or with a patch?

Quote Originally Posted by WAldenIV View Post
    I'm waiting for payment to be processed. I deleted my old home screens. I'm anxious to get my widgets sized properly again.

Love the speed of Launcher Pro. Why can't Moto make the phone this fast out of the box or with a patch?
    thats what im saying! i cant believe how fast and smooth it is. Its very similar to my Dinc (sense ui) but its 100x's better than sense and 1000x's better than blur (aka blah).

motorola needs to hire this guy full time

Does LP make your X run faster/smoother?
    Galaxy S4
    Tab 2

rootless

Quote Originally Posted by droidntn View Post
    Does LP make your X run faster/smoother?
    yes it does... try the free version and you'll see the difference. you'll need home switcher installed too.
    MacGyver Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by jeff1974w View Post
    yes it does... try the free version and you'll see the difference. you'll need home switcher installed too.
    Indeed. It's amazing how much smoother everything is... scrolling, launching the app drawer. Plus, I was able to condense my info to 5 screens from 7 because you can have 5 rows of icons instead of the default 4.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast