Shutting off the noise on restart

haldroidx

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Settings...Sound....SD Card Notifications. Just make sure the box is UNchecked.

Ya. I don't have the "Drooooid" startup sound, but I can't remember where I turned it off. It's in the settings somewhere. And, I'm not rooted.

Same here, I don't have the robotic "DROID" sound any more, but I don't remember turning it off or learning how to! I guess with the hundreds of things I've had to learn about this device I haven't been able to commit all of them to memory.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I dont have the droid sound either I changed it to another sound. I wouldn't mind having the droid sound just for the startup sound but not for all notifications , but thats why i changed it ,lol ;)

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Same here, I don't have the robotic "DROID" sound any more, but I don't remember turning it off or learning how to! I guess with the hundreds of things I've had to learn about this device I haven't been able to commit all of them to memory.

I never had a DROID sound during start up. The people who do have that used root explorer and added it to the start up. The original boot up sound is just NOTHING, its a soundless file just there so if you want a sound you can make one and overwrite the original.

wdavidson

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I never had a DROID sound during start up. The people who do have that used root explorer and added it to the start up. The original boot up sound is just NOTHING, its a soundless file just there so if you want a sound you can make one and overwrite the original.

You are mistaken. The default notification from the factory is the "Droid" notification, which you will hear upon boot up if you have sd card notifications enabled. This fact has already been acknowledged in this thread and is true.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Very odd. I have never had the sound (which I wanted). I turned on the SD card notification and still have no sound. I am rooted (but have not messed with anything that should impact it) and will be downloading root explorer to see if I have the ogg file.

Mudvayne622

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
You are mistaken. The default notification from the factory is the "Droid" notification, which you will hear upon boot up if you have sd card notifications enabled. This fact has already been acknowledged in this thread and is true.

I never had the "Droid' sound. Even on day one when i first powered it up straight out of the box. I did have a sound but it was more like a weird phone ringing sound while the SD card was being prepared.