Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Spontaneous restart

Why does my Droid X sometimes restart itself spontaneously? This has happened two or three times when I've been in the middle of turning GPS on or off using the Motorola GPS widget, but it's also happened two or three times in the middle of the night when I've been asleep. Is there a system log that will reveal what happened? I'm on 2.1, wondering if Froyo will fix this.

Are you running any task killers? if so remove them and see if that fixes your problem.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie12 View Post
    Are you running any task killers? if so remove them and see if that fixes your problem.
    Yes, but the first time it happened was before I'd discovered the task killer. Well, for now I'll disable it and see if anything changes.

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    ROM
    unlocked/rooted/stock rom

Default Happen to me yesterday

This happened to me as well yesterday. I don't use task killers and I turned the gps on and then my x started lagging so I stopped trying to do anything then it froze and the screen went black then it restarted. This was my first random reboot so hopefully it doesn't happen again.
    Nexus Prime was a better name!