Swype editing tools

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone mention this in the general forums, but there is a well-hidden ability to edit Swype copy ... slide from the Swype symbol button to the ABC button. Suddenly, you have a keyboard FULL of editing options!!

It appeared accidentally on my screen this morning (I thought at first maybe 2.2 had loaded overnight - no such luck!). It took me a long time to figure out what I did to get it. I pressed and held the Swype button and Lo! instructions for using Swype. There's an index and under "editing," there it was.

Perhaps everyone else knows about this, but it is a super bonus as far as I'm concerned. The DX never ceases to astound!

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The other good trick is to swipe your finger from the swipe symble key (bottom left) to the "f" key (also the number 5 key) to get a dedicated numeric keyboard.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh WOW! Thanks for that tip!!! Excellent.

Wonder if the mods would consider breaking out the "how to" thread into categories. Would make it easier to find information. The thread is so HUGE now that finding anything is tough.

Aggie12

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
also if you super-long-press (not just long-press) on a character, all possible characters for that key are displayed in a pop-up.

obviously you dont read the stickies! haha I'm kidding though. needle in a hay stack

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So cool, thanks! I had no idea that was there, but it is so useful! I also forgot about the super long press thing...cheers!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
That is so cool. I really didn't think there was much more. Love that number pad.
One thing I've found useful is the a ability to add custom words that have numbers and symbols, great for logging in using cryptic passwords and such, email addresses too.

Trolling from my DROIDX using Tapatalk