1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid X Won't power on . Battery Issue??

Have had this phone about 5 months. ( bought used on ebay)
    I haven't done anything to it as far as updating OS or anything. This is my first smart phone, so I don't really know how to do any of that.
    Phone froze this morn then shut itself off and rebooted. Came home and dropped the phone about 3 ft onto carpet, picked it up and it was off,tried to turn it back on and it wouldn't. so I plugged it in and thought maybe it needed to charge. It won't do anything at all now if its not plugged in.. with it plugged in it starts the battery charge symbol out at 0% and climbs up to 60% everytime i plug it in. I try to power it on and it gets to the red eye for about 2 secs and turns back off. I also tried wiping the data and it did that but it won't power on..... do you think I knocked some battery connection loose on the inside? Is this something I can fix?

Default Re: Droid X Won't power on . Battery Issue??

Welcome to Android Central! How long did you leave the phone on charger? Try leaving it plugged in for a good 12 hours or so without disturbing it, then try turning it on again.

The Droid X is more than 3 years old, so it's possible that the battery is finally failing, assuming it was never replaced.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi Thanks , I haven't left it on that long. about 5 hrs now.. It is a after market battery but I have no Idea how old. It was a refurb phone. maybe I should order new battery and try that?

I can't remember--does the Droid X have an easily removable battery?

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes , It does. I've already popped it out and made sure the connectors are ok. not worn at all. I've took the sd card out also.. It is a verizon phone but I have service with straight talk. so there is no taking it to verizon and getting a new one

It's probably worth trying a new battery, then.