How do you keep dust from getting under screen protector

tbdbuckeyeitl

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
How do you keep dust and debris from getting under the screen protector. I also get dust on the side of phone. I have a vzw shell holster case and screen protector but I go through screen protectors easy due to dust under them. Any help.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Zagg.com and their invisibleShield. If you do it right (not hard to do) you CAN'T get anything under your protector.

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
yeah zagg on mine too ,,I left a coupon in chat section for a discount on zagg products if it hasnt been used yet ;)

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Personally I have given up on screen protectors. Have tried them all - Zagg front, full body, SGP, verizon. Everything from dust to lint, and it never seems to fit like I like it. Out of them all I honestly prefer the verizon, just because the fingerprints.

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Personally I have given up on screen protectors. Have tried them all - Zagg front, full body, SGP, verizon. Everything from dust to lint, and it never seems to fit like I like it. Out of them all I honestly prefer the verizon, just because the fingerprints.

+1 on the Verizon. Not so much for the fingerprints, but I like it because my finger seems to slide over it much smoother than with glass alone and better than the others.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
+1 on the Verizon. Not so much for the fingerprints, but I like it because my finger seems to slide over it much smoother than with glass alone and better than the others.

This is 100% truth.

I am using a Zagg screen only, and HAAATE the feeling of it. If I wash my hands vigorously with soap and water before using it, its dealable. If I am just sitting at my computer, hands feel "clean" enough, and pick up my phone, the invisible shield TUGS at my fingertips, making things like Swype texting IMPOSSIBLE.

Verizon screen protectors apply in seconds, leave virtually no smudges or fingerprints, and best of all, FEEL GREAT!

Its the one thing I miss about those screen protectors. But with all good things comes the bad: they make the screen look significantly worse. It adds this layer of anti-glare darkening that messes with bright whites, like on a web page. This is where the invisible shield wins, along with protection. Verizon only covers the lcd portion of the glass, invisible shield protects the whole glass.

So overall, Zagg > Verizon for protection and quality, but Verizon feels smooth as eggs.

tduffysd

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't feel the need for a screen protector at all. Gorilla glass is scratch resistant enough for me. I don't beat the hell out of my phones. Ive carried mine since release day in my pocket making sure it's the only thing i put in that pocket. Screen still looks brand new and I expect it will look just as good in a year.

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I want to know how you get dust and debris under a screen protector? Once it's on - it's on isn't it? I know my Steinheil has no dust or debris under and it - and looking at it - I can't really even figure out how any could get under it once it's been properly applied.

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The same question can be asked about how dust and hair particles can get wedged in the middle of the glass and lcd, which are pretty much sealed tight and pressed against each other. But reports and findings over the years prove that it happens :p

I'll tell you what though, nothings more annoying than applying a screen protector and getting hair or dust on it before it lays on the glass. Ugh that stuff sticks out worse than a sore thumb.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
So overall, Zagg > Verizon for protection and quality, but Verizon feels smooth as eggs.

My thoughts exactly. I use the zagg because I'm a graphics snob, and after seeing it replace my VZ protector I won't go back. But Swype is a pain in the butt most of the time.

DroidNewb

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I have an Invizi Shield on mine and my brothers X along with a VZ silicone case and that combo seems to lift the IZ on the sides of the phone where everyone holds it and allows for dust and dirt to get under the edge of the screen almost like a scum line on a boat. makes the edges of my screen look hideous now but the protector does its job.....just doesn't work well with the silicone skins...I wonder if best buy will honor the lifetime warranty of the shield since they installed it and there is now dirt under it??

bitl3ss

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I am going without, the phone only has to last until next xmas when hopefully they will have some decent lte world phones, besides it's gorilla glass.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
No protector here either or jacket. Got mine on day 2, it's been in my shirt pocket, jeans pocket (sometimes with keys on accident). I wipe the glass off with my shirt, jeans, napkins, whatever and you know, not a single scratch anywhere. Save your money, unless you are using a razor blade, diamond, or other harder than Gorilla Glass object for a pointing device you are not going to ruin your glass.

jerparker

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I like the feel of my Zagg for typing (Swype). I couldn't stand the fingerprints on my naked screen. I hardly notice them with my Zagg.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i like the feeling of the zagg on mine as well...for some reason, i like the added grip and texture more than the the naked glass

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay