Why can't I send ANY emails?

Gebo#AC

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I am getting all my emails in 4 different accounts. No problem on incoming. Problem is, I can't sent any email from any of my 4 email addresses.

dp135

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I had that issue until I changed my smtp port from 25 to 587. Not sure if your issue is the same.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gebo#AC

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
When I green check "use secure connection" using "SMTP.gmail.com" the port "465" shows. WHen I uncheck "use secure connection" it shows 25. What is it supposed to be?

Oj467

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Are you positive that ONLY your username (not the full @youremail.com) is in the outgoing server box setting for each email address?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When I green check "use secure connection" using "SMTP.gmail.com" the port "465" shows. WHen I uncheck "use secure connection" it shows 25. What is it supposed to be?

I dont have any of them "use secure connection" or "verify certificate" ticked on mine

What error is it showing when you try to send an email ?:confused:

Last edited:

Gebo#AC

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Are you positive that ONLY your username (not the full @youremail.com) is in the outgoing server box setting for each email address?

Nope, I have my entire email address in the username box. Gonna change immediately and will advise.

Gebo#AC

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
BillK,

What bout port selection? Do I check both boxes for gmail? I'm using smtp.gmail.com for all my outgoing mail for each of my 4 different accounts.

bigsmoove

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
having similar issues as well...just so happens my primary ISP at home is a verizon reseller. verizon level 2 tech support says they dont show my ISP's incoming or outgoing in their "list"...(i guess they have a list). but this one specific account will not send or receive on my X. i have 2 other accounts using ports 110 and 25 just fine. this specific one uses 110 and 587 for outgoing... just says "cannot connect" and takes me to the settings to tweak it....really annoying....

bucky925

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you just having problems sending emails when using wifi? That was my problem. I just turn off my wifi when I get ready to send a email and all is good...just a thought.

njswoosh

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Gebo,
Did you get it fixed? Mine will not send either. Works fine with work email but I can not send email from aol account. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech