1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disabling/customizing the double tap home

So the fact that the choices for the double tap home button are severely limited really annoys me, doubly so since you can't even disable it. I have my X rooted, so given that I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to either disable or get further customization options for it. Anyone?

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

LauncherPro has opitions for Do nothing, Open/close screen previews, open/close app drawer, open/close notifications, and show/hide status bar

Edit: I'm an *****. Those are the single-press options.
    Droid X
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - CM10
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

*bump*

No one?

Default Changing double tap settings

Hi,

I was able to change this setting today. It requires root, but you said you have it so you should be good. You need to modify the sqlite database in /data/data/com.motorola.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db. See for help with doing that. Go into the 'settings' table and look for 'double_tap'. Change that to whatever you want to run when you double tap. Note the form though, <program>/<activity>. Once you do that reboot and you should be good to go. Be careful though, make a backup of the file.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by zlandau View Post
    Hi,

I was able to change this setting today. It requires root, but you said you have it so you should be good. You need to modify the sqlite database in /data/data/com.motorola.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db. See for help with doing that. Go into the 'settings' table and look for 'double_tap'. Change that to whatever you want to run when you double tap. Note the form though, <program>/<activity>. Once you do that reboot and you should be good to go. Be careful though, make a backup of the file.
    I followed these directions to the letter, but there doesn't appear to be a settings table in settings.db, only android_metadata, system, sqlite sequence, secure, bluetooth_services, and bookmarks.

Quote Originally Posted by prowlingpenguin View Post
    I followed these directions to the letter, but there doesn't appear to be a settings table in settings.db, only android_metadata, system, sqlite sequence, secure, bluetooth_services, and bookmarks.
    It sounds like your settings.db is fairly different from mine. Mine has android_metadata, settings, and sqlite_sequence. If you haven't already you might want to take a look at 'system' to see if it has the settings. Otherwise you might have to try exploring other directories under /data/data, especially ones with motorola or settings in the name. I originally found this by just poking around in directories that looked like they might contain the information I was looking for.

Here are the first few entries of my settings database, might help you find the right one:

test_attribute, eri_alert_sounds, eri_text_banner_software_update_alert.

Let me know what you find. I would like mine to bring up the recent apps like long pressing does.
    Between my X and iPad I'm always long pressing and double tapping the wrong device.
    Hope its possible. But I can live without :/

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk