R2D2 on your Droid X

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I guess over at My Droid World they pulled the boot animation off the R2D2 version of the droid 2 and it is ther for the download go down and read what tmurj33 says he got it to work on his droid X... It is pretty sweet start up. If you are into the star wars thing that is or not... If you are interested in seeing the animation or wanting to download it follow the ling I posted.

Enjoy

StarWars R2D2: Bootanimation and Sounds pack

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm working on it. Some one said it needs to be in the build.prop and on my rom with custom build.prop its missing. Once I learn how to add to build.prop I should be set.

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm working on it. Some one said it needs to be in the build.prop and on my rom with custom build.prop its missing. Once I learn how to add to build.prop I should be set.

Thank you very much. Keep us informed as to what you find..

theanswer3

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
you get the .apk from that website listed then put on sd card, then you go to your app tray and pick files navigate to the file on the sd card and click it. it will automatically install.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Live wallpapers from R2D2 Droid 2 are awesome and available.

I'm getting a No Thread Specified message when I click that link.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Got it working. I just downloaded the file and opened it in Root Explorer. When I extracted, it dropped into the sd/extract folder. From there, long press on the bootanimation.zip file and hit move. Go to system/media (where you should find the original droid boot) and hit the paste button. I made a copy of the original boot animation and left it there just in case there's a froyo issue. The r2d2 boot fired right up at reboot. No sound, but damn - it is still super cool.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Toxa

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I have problems downloading those live wallpapers. When I start the download, it stops after about 2 seconds, and in the notification area it says 'download unsuccessful'. If I click on that message it takes me to the downloads area and it says 'content is not supported on this device'. I know it shouldn't be this way. I installed the new build.prop using rom manager, if it makes any difference (I've noticed my 3g is acting weird all day, dropping to 1x, I wonder if the new build.prop is to blame). Please help

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have problems downloading those live wallpapers. When I start the download, it stops after about 2 seconds, and in the notification area it says 'download unsuccessful'. If I click on that message it takes me to the downloads area and it says 'content is not supported on this device'. I know it shouldn't be this way. I installed the new build.prop using rom manager, if it makes any difference (I've noticed my 3g is acting weird all day, dropping to 1x, I wonder if the new build.prop is to blame). Please help

Same here on these. I was so happy for a minute there, too. I didn't add the build.prop, though.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
can someone put the downloads on this site?.....I don't want to join another android site just to DL these wallpapers. thanks!

We_Ready

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted, the easiest way to do this is download the zip file from the link above me.....open root explorer and copy the zip file and paste it into the data/local folder. Worked like a charm for me.

tmax1964

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
you dont have to join another forum. Just go to droid-life.com on your cell phone and download right there the zip file. I couldnt get it to download the entire pack i did it indivually and it worked just fine, once its downloaded then it prompts you to install. you can find it it your live wallpaper

Speedr117

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
This is FANTASTIC! I had to download them onto my computer and then transfer them to the download folder. After checking the box to allow "unsafe" downloads in the settings, I navigated to the download folder using the "Files" app and installed them.

On a side note, you can see a little extra in each scene if you put your Droid X in the desk dock...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2