OTA speeds issue.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
My cousin and I got our phones on the lauch day, but his phone downloads data much quicker than my, when using scanner buddy, my phone will have only downloaded 5% of codes while his will have finished, what's causing this?

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you holding your phone too tight?

...oh wait... wrong phone. :)

Try *228 Option 1 then *228 Option 2 and see if that helps out any.

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
From VZW's site... (This just explains *228 Option 2. *228 Option 1 is the initial programing that you or the store does when you first get your phone)

Questions & Answers

Why do I need to perform this update on my wireless phone?
By performing this update your phone will stay on the Verizon Wireless network and/or digital service whenever possible. Also, for most price plans after 2/1/2002 the phone roam indicator will turn off/on in accordance to the price plan you have chosen.

What are the steps I need to take to complete this update?
The following are the steps you need to take to complete the update:
Power on your Verizon Wireless phone.
Dial *228 from your home digital coverage area, followed by the SEND key.
When prompted, press option #2, to update your phones roaming capabilities (This process may take up to 2 minutes).
Once completed, a confirmation message will be played, and a message will display on the phone screen.

What if the update fails to complete successfully?
If for some reason the update does not complete successfully, please try again at a later time. If the problem persists, your phone may not be capable of this update process.

What benefits will this update provide?
Benefits of this update include a roaming indicator that will reflect the price plan you have chosen (available on most price plans after 2/1/2002).

How often do I need to perform this update?
This update should be performed every three months, and/or after changing price plans.

How much will this *228 call cost me?
This call is offered FREE of airtime charges from Verizon Wireless.

When can I perform this update?
You may perform this update at your convenience. This FREE software update is available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week!

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
He is referring to the death grip problem with the iphone where if you supposedly hold it to tight it cuts out on the reception from the cell tower

I meant the 228 business, which was answered above. I got and appreciated the Apple dig.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz