Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

Default Any way to transfer computer bookmarks to X?

It sure would be great to get all my bookmarks from either Firefox or Internet Explorer onto my X. Is there an app for that? Or can it be done natively?

As far as I can see, the X bookmarks are a jumbled mess, not even alphabetical, with random additions.

There must be something that can help. This is such a weak area of a super-efficient mobile browser.
    Always learning ...
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

i wish google would allow you to sync with chrome bookmarks this was a feature i miss from my 3gs the ability to take bookmarks everywhere.
    Android: Moto X (2014), Galaxy Note 3, Lg G3
    iOS: iPhone 6 64 gb
    Windows Phone:Lumia Icon

Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    touch wiz

Default Re: Any way to transfer computer bookmarks to X?

That would actually be a great thing. Iwould love to bring all my google chrome bookmarks with me on my phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Default Re: Any way to transfer computer bookmarks to X?

Download and install the beta of Fennec, from Mozilla. They have a setup to share all of your Firefox bookmarks.

Thanked by:
    zhelf 

As a more manual workaround, you could go into your windows directory on teh pc, copy all your favorites addresses into an email, send it to yourself, then click on each link from your phone and save as new bookmark. It beats having to re-type all those addresses.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by vicw926a4 View Post
    Download and install the beta of Fennec, from Mozilla. They have a setup to share all of your Firefox bookmarks.

nice thanks for the tip i dont use firefox personally but def a cool idea. i really hope chrome does this google integrates everything else why not bookmarks but ill have to try fennec
    Zombie

Global Posts
    1,887 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    As a more manual workaround, you could go into your windows directory on teh pc, copy all your favorites addresses into an email, send it to yourself, then click on each link from your phone and save as new bookmark. It beats having to re-type all those addresses.
    yea it does but syncing would allow you to keep them organized and update them so if you find a site on your phone it will show up in home browser.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vicw926a4 View Post

I think Fennec is still alpha. I tried it, but it was very slow and, compared to the X's own browser, pitiful. Deleted it. I can't remember specifics at this point about the bookmark transfer... if it worked. Must try it again, especially if it's in beta now.

To the mods: Do you think Google and Chrome could coordinate on bookmarks? Is there some way to communicate with them?
    Always learning ...

Doesn't 2.2 and chrome2phone let you sync bookmarks?

Global Posts
    230 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ottscay View Post
    Doesn't 2.2 and chrome2phone let you sync bookmarks?
    I think it does, but it should have been a feature from the outset. I use chrome syncing between my computers, it only makes sense that it would extend to my phone. Opera can do this as well, already.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    TECHFAN

Global Posts
    1,632 Global Posts

Chrome2phone is apparently only available for 2.2. It seems the DX is the last of the relatively new devices still on 2.1 ???
    Always learning ...

The Fascinate is on 2.1.